Received a box today from Puyallup

Any day ending in "Y" is a good day for a box from Puyallup!  Looks like a great project.  Congrats on the adventure you get to have here!

congrats.    Just curious what that cut out is in the bridge pick up.  Lower end on the right.  Never seen that before.

That little bit is left over from the original tele pickup rout.  When you superimpose the two, you wind up with a little bit of Tele pup that isn't completely within the HB perimeter.

Exactly what bagman said. It was a showcase body that had a tele pickup route in the bridge, but I wanted to have a humbucker. Luckily for me, the humbucker tele bridge completely covers that, so once assembled in its final form, no one will know it's there.

Thanks fellas  The neck is Goncalo Alves with Pau Ferro fretboard. And Dangerous, it's good to see you man, I still have one of your neckplates I got way back in probably 2009.

Here it is on the new guy here. Haha

Attachments

• IMG_20200817_195425.jpg
    IMG_20200817_195425.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20200817_195425.jpg
    IMG_20200817_195425.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 189
White with that pickguard is a fine combo. Looking forward to more pics as it goes along.

Extinguished Sun said:
Exactly what bagman said. It was a showcase body that had a tele pickup route in the bridge, but I wanted to have a humbucker. Luckily for me, the humbucker tele bridge completely covers that, so once assembled in its final form, no one will know it's there.

makes sense.  Glad to see that can be done!

Do yourself a favor and wire it so you can tap the humbucker.  P-90/Humbucker had become my favorite combo.  When you tap the humbucker to single coil and run in the middle position with the P-90 its just magic!

Back