Really wish I went with mini pots

justsomeguy1

... or a rear loaded Strat. Just wanted to do something different than my other guitars.

Loaded pickguard won't sit in the cavity. Yes, it's technically hanging up on the bus wire I used to ground the two pots together, but even if it weren't there it seems like such a tight fit that the tone pot would run right up against the shielded cavity wall (which could cause issues I'm assuming).

Attachments

• PXL_20211028_215309675.jpg
    PXL_20211028_215309675.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
I've seen videos where others had a problem with that lack of space and ended up using a dremel to add wiggle room. The pickguard and shielding tape hide the sin.

I'm curious about the fit myself because I have a build planned with a concentric pot in that corner on a hybrid tele.

Pot body is grounded anyway, so contact to shield ought not to be serious and moving the solder joint to the back of the pot should fix your problem?

It looks like a top routed Strat as opposed to rear routed. There is enough room in the cavity for normal size pots and pickup wiring, however you do need to make sure of where you rout cables etc. Try adjusting your wiring and it should be fine.

Back