Rack Gear?

Death by Uberschall said:
Take the "snobbery" out of the picture. It's a matter of taste. Say you don't like it personally, because that's really the issue. I know many people who can't stand Michael Jackson, but he holds the #1 spot with "Thriller". And I'm sure somebody will chime in and says it's crap too.

For the record, I think "Thriller" is a great album.

Don't ask me what happened to him after that... LOL

Rouse said:
Just because a band/person sold millions doesn't mean they are good, look at mainstream today. SUCKS. I love some of the music from the '90s IMO it was the last time good innovation was in music. Now, everyone copies each other and music is going down the hole, I just can't stand it, it makes me sick. We need some kind of revival.

Preach it, brotha!

Superlizard said:
Don't ask me what happened to him after that... LOL

This:

michael-jackson-nose.jpg

Waiter, there's a nose in my soup!

Oh yeah, and in case anyone's forgotten, this album:

led%20zeppelin%20iv-led%20zeppelin.jpg

zoso.jpg

Is the best all-time.   :laughing7:

Rouse said:
I always wonder how somebody can come into a forum and make broad statements about how gold/platinum selling groups generally SUCK. I guess those groups bought their own product just to say they sold millions.  :doh:

Just because a band/person sold millions doesn't mean they are good, look at mainstream today. SUCKS. I love some of the music from the '90s IMO it was the last time good innovation was in music. Now, everyone copies each other and music is going down the hole, I just can't stand it, it makes me sick. We need some kind of revival.
But to say all those groups suck, that's just being ridiculous. Those groups actually played their instruments. They weren't just some American Idol wanna be.

Ok, maybe they don't suck skill wise but musicianship wise, I have a hard time finding anything good within the last 10-15 years. Old band's new stuff doesn't count. I just have a hard time finding quality innovative music from new bands within the last 10-15 years.

It's out there, but I agree it's getting hard to find.

Also, we're becoming old farts who can't keep up with the times.

SustainerPlayer said:
So ... about rack gear ... ?  :icon_jokercolor:

Liking that rack gear.

I mentioned this in another thread - anyone have any experience with the Tech21 PSA 1.1

the clips they have on their site all sound kind of fizzy to me - which isn't a good selling point for me.

I just listened to them a few minutes ago myself, and was about to post the exact same thing. Then, if you look at the control face and there's even a knob just for "Buzz". WTF? Still, it's possible the thing could be tweaked to sound better than the examples. At the price, I certainly hope so. $660 is a lotta money for a basic guitar preamp. That's almost halfway to an Axe FX, and those things romp.

Yea - I'm in the same camp - not liking the fizz on the samples.  If it were $200 I'd give it a try, but not automatically sold at $600 - especially since there are no effects.

mayfly said:
If it were $200 I'd give it a try, but not automatically sold at $600 - especially since there are no effects.

Right. There are a lot of interesting toys out there that'll do a lot more for less money. On the plus side, this one does let you create a lot of different EQ and gain settings, so paired up with a MIDI controller of some sort it's effectively a 128 channel amp. But, you can do the same sort of thing with a V-amp Pro or Pod XT, and relatively speaking, they're practically giving those things away these days while including a boatload of very nice effects.

GoDrex said:
the clips they have on their site all sound kind of fizzy to me - which isn't a good selling point for me.

Yeah, like others are saying, not good samples. I only liked, personally, the Blues sound they sampled, good enough clean. The harder samples sounded clipped to me?

No experience with the PSA 1.1, but like their Sansamp DI boxes. Have a Bass Driver DI that pumps the sound very nicely.

Unlikely I could geta  PSA 1.1 for a reasonable price in Australia, gear like this would be obscenely priced. I got the Bass Driver DI from OS for about half the price they are selling in Australia, but I note that the PSA 1.1. has factory set voltages so buying one from overseas for me, would be pointless unless I also then looked at voltage convertors....

Street Avenger said:
Foo Fighters?   = 'Nothing special. F### Dave Grohl.  

I just watched them on Austin City Limits and they had some awesome rack gear. And they sounded great as usual. I really like them and Dave Grohl. I don't understand people that can't give that guy some props. Nirvana, Foos, and now Vultures with JPJ. But yeah if you don't like it, you don't like it.

But this right here is funny sh*t :laughing7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU

I mean come on - that's funny  :laughing7: - -and the dude is in a band with John Paul Jones - and got to play drums behind Jimmy Page. But ok he sucks....  :laughing7:

As bitter as I (Still) am about Nirvana, I have to admit that Dave Grohl is a very talented Musician!!

Dave is kind of that rare dude.  The Foo stuff (obviously) has little in common with the Nirvana stuff, which has not much in common with the Voltures.  It's kind of great.  You can absolutely hate some of his body of work and his next incarnation is nothing like it.

Cagey said:
I just listened to them a few minutes ago myself, and was about to post the exact same thing. Then, if you look at the control face and there's even a knob just for "Buzz". WTF?

But haven't you heard?  Fizz is in, man.  :icon_biggrin:

Superlizard said:
But haven't you heard?  Fizz is in, man.   :icon_biggrin:

Hehe! Not on my watch. I'd be all about acoustic guitars if that was what I had to put up with from electrics.

Back