Quoth The Raven

Great Ape said:
Why thanks, Doug, though I assume YOU would use a Bowie knife rather than an X-acto, just because... :icon_biggrin:
I use a bowie knife to clean the days work from my fingernails....I use a finely honed machete to do my intricut detail work... :toothy12:

Great Ape said:
Man, that is truly wonderful!! What is liquid masking tape?
This is what I used to use... :icon_thumright:
ldivr3000.jpg

Been busy with shows and work but got a little more done today. Airbrushed the edges and pulled the tape.
img20130306191248.jpg

Dyed the back and sides black leaving the natural binding effect.
img20130306191420.jpg

Has some sealer on it. Hope to shoot the clear this weekend

DangerousR6 said:
Cool project indeed, too bad you already have a bridge. I'd like to know how the Scartozi bridge sounds with the ghost saddles...
Cageybridge.jpg

Yup, I read Kuro's initial post and as soon as I saw what he picked I thought "that just screams for a Scartozi bridge"...

Powder coated or anodized black.....Mmmmm, especially seeing as the owner wants an acoustic "vibe" out of the guitar as well.  Ah well!

ORCRiST said:
DangerousR6 said:
Cool project indeed, too bad you already have a bridge. I'd like to know how the Scartozi bridge sounds with the ghost saddles...
Cageybridge.jpg

Yup, I read Kuro's initial post and as soon as I saw what he picked I thought "that just screams for a Scartozi bridge"...

Powder coated or anodized black.....Mmmmm, especially seeing as the owner wants an acoustic "vibe" out of the guitar as well.  Ah well!

I agree. Does anyone know if I could get one in black? or where I could take one to have it done. This bridge could still be changed. I only worry about how much art it might cover. If I had this bridge in mind in the first place I could've planned the art around it.

Kuro Uma said:
I agree. Does anyone know if I could get one in black? or where I could take one to have it done. This bridge could still be changed. I only worry about how much art it might cover. If I had this bridge in mind in the first place I could've planned the art around it.

I think you'll lose some tail feathers and cloud work, and maybe (at worst) part of the lower foot.  Not ideal, but not huge either.

Also, it should be fairly easy to find a chrome/powder coating shop nearby that can handle making it black.

I think Warmoth should make a "incredible gifted graphics artist showing off" sub forum.

Just so us "normally-gifted"don't deteriorate from major, life-changing psychological "shrinkage traumas", yeah. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Boink One: The one, qualifying rub yet about even the newest bestest "acoustic" saddles is that high-pitched piezo fartifact. As fine as the Scartozi is, I'd instinctually shy away from something that might both brighten and rigidify* the saddles' movement.

Boink Two: I have long, instinctually, shied away from mahogany necks for a simple reason : neck screw insecurities. But now thneks to Modern Science, we have neck inserts! If I was making something that is in every other way this fine (right, Dream On**, grapho-loser :sad1:)  I would, personally, use neck inserts. Steel ones. Hell, beep me and I'll send you some (I got four different neck screw lengths so beep me) with highly detailed instructions (someone else's). Or Cagey would do it fo' a fo'ty of Schlitz Malt. Ask the postman not to shake it up.

*(if "rigidify" can squeeze through Mr. Anal SpellChecker, what the hell's wrong with "instinctually?"  :icon_scratch:)

** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opixexdz4PY

god are they SO old Perry zoinked his lick 20 million dollars of drugs does wonders for skintone no amount of reverb can sub for a 65 year old guy sportin' a 90 year old throat they cant even play in time with the picture

Can Mr. Scartozi cut a ROSEWOOD or PAU FERRO one? Tonal + you could just slice it a bit to get your bird's foot out of the trap.

(how come the Warmth spielchick don't even like PAUFERRO :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:)

Edit: In looking, there's no hope. The Scartozi would destroy it, dude. There WILL be a next time... probably right after the Ape-man figures out out how to kick your ass again, so you'll have to kick his (again).... :toothy12:

Mean, while, people go to the Fender Custom Schnitz or Sewer or Nash or Raid DeTemple & pay $5,000 for a "RELIC'D" P.O.S. that looks like it's been in the bottom of the catbox for three years.

You boys need a dealer NO NOT THAT KIND. Goddam musicians...  :laughing3:

Or Warmoth needs to be paying YOU, cyclic THROUGH you not TO you.

Just for curiosity's sake, here's a comparison of Kuro's Tele with my Tele that has a Scartozi on it...

img20130306191248.jpg

IMG_2457_Sm.JPG

That'll give you some idea of what'll get covered up.

DangerousR6 said:
If California won't allow goods from the rest of the union, then I say wall them off and don't let 'em out. See how long before they change their mind. Their air isn't anymore precious than the rest...Sorry to any Californians on here, but I just find it ridiculous that a state is going to regulate items or resources that are legal and used everyday throughout the rest of the lower 48.

Right, because what's a few flipper babies when you talking about money?

tumblr_m8s97cfi5A1qixn1ao1_250.jpg

Also, California grows it's own food, and pays a lot more taxes than it takes in, unlike the abstinence-only sex ed states will all their VD and Honey Boo-Boo babies. Wall us off and we'd probably do better. Just because we don't allow Jethro to dump toxic waste in the swamps does not mean we aren't good at business.

Kuro Uma said:
ORCRiST said:
DangerousR6 said:

I make them rom billet aluminum, you could find a shop near you that could powder coat it or anodize it black for you. Most places will do sample parts for a few buck or even sometimes free.

StubHead said:
Can Mr. Scartozi cut a ROSEWOOD or PAU FERRO one? Tonal + you could just slice it a bit to get your bird's foot out of the trap.

(how come the Warmth spielchick don't even like PAUFERRO :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:)

Edit: In looking, there's no hope. The Scartozi would destroy it, dude. There WILL be a next time... probably right after the Ape-man figures out out how to kick your ass again, so you'll have to kick his (again).... :toothy12:

Mean, while, people go to the Fender Custom Schnitz or Sewer or Nash or Raid DeTemple & pay $5,000 for a "RELIC'D" P.O.S. that looks like it's been in the bottom of the catbox for three years.

You boys need a dealer NO NOT THAT KIND. Goddam musicians...  :laughing3:

Yes I could make you one frome rosewood of pau ferro...

Here's what it would look like with the Scartozi bridge..
KumoTele_zps4e171a5f.jpg

I'll have to use a Scartozi on another build. Main reason is this guitar will not belong to me and our singer has already signed off on all I've done. I've already got the steel threaded inserts and bolts for this neck.

StubHead said:

Interesting that you say that. My wife is being courted for a job in of all places Puyallup WA. I'd love to stop by and see if they'd need a hand.

Dear God. I smell a dynasty birthing....

(Hey Dangerous, that bridge is... kinda crooked. :laughing3: Normally, we want the strings to go over the pickup, and right down the neck too. Darn Photoshop... :toothy12:)

StubHead said:
Dear God. I smell a dynasty birthing....

(Hey Dangerous, that bridge is... kinda crooked. :laughing3: Normally, we want the strings to go over the pickup, and right down the neck too. Darn Photoshop... :toothy12:)
I know, was just a kwick down and dirty mock up....BTW, not photoshop, adobe suuuuuuuuuuuuucks...I use PhotoImpact.. :icon_biggrin:

Oh! Oh!

Seeing that (and I know Kuro already said he won't be using it) but...

KumoTele_zps4e171a5f.jpg

If the raven could be altered to have its feet perched on top of the Scartozi bridge... or maybe if had been pushing off it in order to take flight...
I think that would be (would have been) cool.

ORC

Kuro-- Doncha just love how people will tell you how mind-blowing your work is, and then tell you how much better it'd be, if only you'd.........
It's only my entirely questionable opinion, but off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that would make that any more stunning than it is. Beautiful work, man, I'm really floored!!

Great Ape said:
Kuro-- Doncha just love how people will tell you how mind-blowing your work is, and then tell you how much better it'd be, if only you'd.........
It's only my entirely questionable opinion, but off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that would make that any more stunning than it is. Beautiful work, man, I'm really floored!!
:sad:

Back