Push push 500k wiring help

WarmothRules

I just got a push push volume pot from warmoth and all I want to use it for is a basic 2 way pickup selector. I only found one diagram online and it didn’t work. When I plug in if I tap the metal slugs really hard and my amp is up loud I can hear the tapping coming out barely. I thought it was working since I did this before putting the strings on. It’s a pickguard so now I need to take off the strings to get back in there. This is the only basic diagram I found online to wire it off of. I don’t have a tone pot so the bottom left spot doesn’t have anything soldered to it. Can anyone help me fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_0577.jpeg
    IMG_0577.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0576.jpeg
    IMG_0576.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 6
Seymour duncan has the wiring diagram for you to follow. Just go on their website and select wiring diagrams and look for the option in the dropdown. I have used this one in the past and it works perfectly. Things to keep in mind. You cannot select both pickups at once, its one or the other. Important to ensure you have the right pickup wire going to the switch and that the ground is wired to the volume pot casing. In addition for a 4-wire humbucker ensure the first coil end and second coil start are tied together (red and white wires in the drawing below).

1724967828959.png

The diagrams posted are effectively the same, apart from the wire to the tone pot.

If it is not working, check you have not shorted a connection to ground with solder or the ground wire is not interfering with the switch terminals. Check your wiring one bit at a time. Is each wire connected to the correct lug of the pot etc.

Back