Purple Quilt Day

stratamania

Mythical Status
So just out of the box today this new body and neck for the forum to have a look at. I just checked and its more than a month ago since I first posted about the body and neck I had ordered.

The link to the first post which had a couple of pictures from Warmoth.

The body and neck were delivered quickly and arrived without incident which is a good thing. However, due to work travel etc it is only now that I have had a chance to get this out of the box. So let's have a quick look.

First, here is a rearview of the neck and front view of the body and pickguard. Quilted maple top Purple to Clear burst with natural masked binding. Birdseye maple neck unfinished.

WarmothUnbox (3).JPG

Next the rear view of the body and Neck. The main part of the body is Ash and finished also with a Purple to clear burst. The fingerboard is ebony and looks to be of the macassar ebony. Both the neck and body were from the showcase. The frets are 6100SS.

WarmothUnbox (4).JPG

The neck placed carefully into the body. Excellent snug fit.

WarmothUnbox (5).JPG

Closer view of body with pick guard. A bonus smiley if you can guess what the tremolo cavity is routed for. All will be revealed when I get to the build thread, of course.

WarmothUnbox (6).JPG

Some close up shots of the neck...
WarmothUnbox (7).JPG

WarmothUnbox (8).JPG

WarmothUnbox (9).JPG

WarmothUnbox (10).JPG

WarmothUnbox (11).JPG

More to come in the build thread coming soon.

Update build thread here.

This is my first Warmoth build and the quality of the parts far exceeded the photos that were in the showcase. Thanks, Ron and the Warmoth crew :icon_thumright:

Thanks for looking and feedback appreciated...

Last edited:
Congratulations!  Nice pieces, there.  I found my purple burst to be much more brilliant in person than the website photos make it out to be - and it kinda looks to be the case for yours as well.  Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Bagman

Bagman67 said:
Congratulations!  Nice pieces, there.  I found my purple burst to be much more brilliant in person than the website photos make it out to be - and it kinda looks to be the case for yours as well.  Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Bagman

Thanks Bagman, that's what I found too the colours are deeper and more brilliant, a pleasant surprise.

Seems to also to look slightly different depending on the source of light.

Most excellent! The world needs more purple flamed/quilted maple Strats.  :icon_thumright:

Mine brand new ^^^

After aging a few years ^^^

Back