Purple birdseye tele

Fonsati

My first warmoth build, which I think turned out really good, here are the specs:

body:
Standard telecaster, chambered
wood: Swamp ash with birdseye maple top
Gibson classic 57 plus in the neck and a duncan quarter pounder in the bridge
Contoured heel
Transparent purple finish
25-1/2 inch

Neck:
Warmoth pro maple neck
Wizard
6230 fretsize
10-16" Compound
Mother Of Pearl Dots
Vintage Tint Gloss
21 frets

4.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

I'd love to see this a bit clearer, as would others too ..... But

Your pic's are way to large (2144 x 1424) and are washed out by that. :doh:
I need a 120'' screen or view them from the space-station.

Can I suggest you use 'photobucket' or similar and post pic's at around the 1024 x 768 size. Or less.

Then just copy / paste the IMG Code into your posts.

You will get more comments with better pic's  :icon_thumright:

What type of Tuners are they ?
Is that a Brown shell pickguard ? 
I'd use something different than that, it just seems to clash with the Body & other bits.
Maybe Black or Vintage Pearl

But that's just me  :icon_biggrin:

Updown said:
I'd love to see this a bit clearer, as would others too ..... But

Your pic's are way to large (2144 x 1424) and are washed out by that. :doh:
I need a 120'' screen or view them from the space-station.

Can I suggest you use 'photobucket' or similar and post pic's at around the 1024 x 768 size. Or less.

Then just copy / paste the IMG Code into your posts.

You will get more comments with better pic's  :icon_thumright:

What type of Tuners are they ?
Is that a Brown shell pickguard ? 
I'd use something different than that, it just seems to clash with the Body & other bits.
Maybe Black or Vintage Pearl

But that's just me  :icon_biggrin:
Fixed the image size (didn't really see it as a problem, since I have a pretty big monitor), thank's for the help!

The tuners are Schaller mini locking.
Indeed it's a brown shell, and I personally love it.

Looks like you did a good job putting it together. I'm curious why you'd pay the premium for a Birdseye Maple top and then hide it under such a dark color, though. Also, while I like the shell-pattern pickguards quite a bit myself, I've not been able to make one look good on anything and this is no exception. It's like the proverbial "turd in a punchbowl" - it just doesn't belong, and is quite off-putting. Then, the inconsistent hardware and pickup finishes... if it was a person and we were still in grammar school, I'd say "your mother dresses you funny" <grin>

But, there's no accounting for taste, and much of the reason for going the Warmoth route is so you can put together some high-end parts in a way that pleases you rather than the general public. So, pay no attention to the man behind the monitor.

It's a bold move. The quality of the parts looks amazing, but it pushes almost all of my 'eww' buttons.
It sounds super negative, but I dislike gold hardware & teles in general.

I think if you were to change the pickguard, you would have yourself a winner.  That brown just looks out of place with the purple and yellow.  I would have gone with no pickguard or a black pearl pickguard.

I like it, but I have a small collection of "tele-shaped" instruments that leave the purist nauseous, blind and gasping - get over it, pootie.... pickguards are like lipstick - had you ever thought about a BRIGHT GREEN one?
http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/ColorMaterials.aspx

I got a whole sheet of that - I have to cut some chunks that sure will look good on my upcoming Krylon-ORANGE Jazzcaster...  :toothy12: If you ever want to dump your shell one cheep, Gleamo is needing a neck HB, I fear - she's just got bite like OVERBITE, like TIGERSHARK "note definition" - the summerfest season my require something other than that loving "dental drill" tone... lemme know... :evil4:

S6300138-1.jpg

Yeah, that pickguard is out of place, as well as the gold.
I'd have ditched the pickguard completely, but at this point, the options are clear and black.

Needs a raw Canary neck, too! :blob7:

Are Meaningful World Peace, bind-free underpants and latent-nymphomaniac Swedish triplets out of the question yet?  ???

My transparent purple Jazzmaster is much more pink than that, bit gutted, rather prefer your shade. Very nice build.

Love it. Seriously. Not something I'd ever think of doing, but the birdseye/purple go great together. And the gold sets it off well.

Very subtle, and I'm sure it looks even better in person.

line6man said:
Yeah, that pickguard is out of place, as well as the gold.
I'd have ditched the pickguard completely, but at this point, the options are clear and black.

Needs a raw Canary neck, too! :blob7:

Alright, looking at this again from my laptop instead of my iPhone, I think the gold does work, but there are too many other things going on that distract from the simple gold and purple contrast. Between the brown shell pickguard and the yellow Maple, there are three different similar colors mismatching against themselves. Plus, the neck humbucker has a different plating than the rest of the hardware.

In any case, I was on the fence about whether or not to agree with Cagey about covering a great piece of wood with such a dark color, but because I hate to agree with Cagey, I think I'm starting to enjoy this finish. It has subtlety and class to it, because it remains a simple solid purple at a distance, but reveals a much more luxurious detail when viewed up close. It just needs a different pickguard and perhaps a less artificial looking color on the neck.

I really like it. Very different.

If it were sitting in my rack of guitars, I'd have a real hard time not picking it up.  :hello2:

So i went to my local guitardealer the other day and asked him to bring in a black pickguard, thinking "it can't hurt to try it". So once he gets it in stock i will try the black one. Thanks for all your thoughts on the guitar.

I think it looks killer.
Amazing build.

Feel like building a gold and purple bass somepoint just to hit these guys where it hurts...  :evil4:

Whatchoo know bout dem Tigers, bah!  Geaux Tigers!

Death by Uberschall said:
I think we have an LSU fan here.  :icon_jokercolor:

BTW, although it's not my cup o' tea, nice Tele.  :icon_thumright:

I think it looks good, I love that neck, thats amazing.

The nice thing about your guitar is, the body is hot and so is the neck, changing pickguards and gold, chrome or black parts is easy.

That guitar can look amazing 12 differant ways, you gotta win win there

It doesn't look vintage, but does everything have to look vintage?  I like it.  I've mocked up brown shell and purple dye before in the strat body builder, but haven't  built one myself.

Back