PS2673

R

RLW

Anyone else having trouble pulling up the pics for this one? Doesn't want to show up for me for some reason, and I really want to see what a $580.00 chunk of swamp ash looks like.

I cannot see it either, good sir.

Sadly, somebody bought the Spectra Blue Telecaster body that I wanted in the Showcase.  I should have bought it at the beginning of the month when I had the money!  I've been watching it for months.  Now it's on to the Sonic Blue hard tail Strat...

Funny, I've been looking at this one for ages...

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PT890&menuItem=2&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=0&controlRout_filter=2

but I just can't get over the "Clownburst" on the back. I want to do a rear-routed Esquire

SO

bad.

Yea, my plan for the Spectra Blue Tele body was to make an Esquire.

Does the voltage for the 3.3k Resistor matter?

I can see it (7:30 PST). It's pretty sweet, a bound strat is pretty unique. But $580 will buy you a lot of other bodies.

i've been watching these two,

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=bass&start=1&itemNumber=BP250&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0&bodyWood_filter=3,38&hollow_filter=2

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=bass&start=1&itemNumber=B885&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0&bodyWood_filter=3,38&hollow_filter=2

i would love the second one in a honey burst, i love the top, not a fan of the quilt maple.
both are hollow.

if only i could con them into painting a showcase body, if not, i think it should be stained dark blue.

but alas, i am a penniless peasant, who lives in a mud hut on my half acer chicken farm.  :tard: 

the ash one is what i have in mind for my first build, if some one buys it, i'll just custom order one, but man that looks good.
i'm dead set on pairing it with a wenge neck, but unless a rich relative dies, or i raise a hundred pound chicken on my made up half acre farm, i'm
s.o.l.

You rich guys... I've been eying this Eagle:
http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=bass&itemNumber=B844&menuItem=5&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0
- but it looks like that upper spike could hurt you if you got over-stimulated and wiggled wrong.

I don't know what you guys don't like about quilted tops, schmoo, I like that quilted top you linked, awesome.

I suspect you quilted top dislikers are just jumping on a bandwagon, just to sound cool, I bet you all vote for Hillary too.

Figured wood is the best, (unless you prefer paint, and nothing wrong with that) you guys have no idea how rare that kind of figure is

Alfang I'll admit I'm not huge on quilt, but I think (for me at least) it's just that I'm tired of seeing it on guitars. I love figured wood, but for a custom axe, quilt maple seems like the go-to wood.

I also often dislike the use of bright color bursts on quilt. I'm tired of the single bridge humbucker, one volume, blue burst quilt top super strat look. Probably works great for plenty of people, but just not for me.

I'm with Nathan. I like more natural-looking guitars, usually. Sometimes super-crazy quilt or flame looks almost fake. The blue burst super strats do nothing for me either. But I'm sure my guitars look like old wood-paneled station wagons to a lot of metal players. Glad there's variety out there.

Alfang said:
I don't know what you guys don't like about quilted tops, schmoo, I like that quilted top you linked, awesome.

I suspect you quilted top dislikers are just jumping on a bandwagon, just to sound cool, I bet you all vote for Hillary too.

Figured wood is the best, (unless you prefer paint, and nothing wrong with that) you guys have no idea how rare that kind of figure is

quilt just looks over done, and a little busy to me. i rather have figured walnut, or some nice flamage in a piece of korina, but thats about it, not a big fan of figured wood.  i like dark trans finishes, quilt doesn't look to good like that, but ash, and korina do.
and as for voting for Hillary, i rather have sex with bill than vote for her  :toothy12: (he knows how to treat a person) 
kidding!! 

I live in Michigan, and Gov Granholm just got reelected last year, i don't mean to sound sexist, but i really don't want an angry post-menopausal bitch in office with her finger on the button, we just had a C average president, i think we need some one a little more stable than hillary. So if republican i think Ron Paul: (he loves vag) if Dem: Obama (probably on beta blockers, hes so mellow).
thats enough politics, for now, don't want to ruffle feathers.
thats why i like guitars, they don't try to spoon feed you shit, and if you don't like 'em, just pawn them and get a new one.

I used to like darker finishes but found they don't look as good under stage lamps as they do hanging on a white Guitar Center wall.  The Warmoth body I ordered will be a Yellow Dye on Quilted Maple.  My bassist has a brightly colored bass and it stands out better than any of my current dark-colored instruments.  Seems like Black Korina is the current trend here.  I just wanted something that would pop even in the dingiest bar.

Back