Project X

Great Ape

Decided I wanted to try something a bit more challenging, so I snagged the most plain topped blk korina body on the showcase to use as a 'canvas'( 3 lbs even!). For no reason at all, really, I named it Project X...
PB300163.jpg
PC010168.jpg

The first bit reminds me of the Alien mural in Prometheus  :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 2zfqpzs.png
    698.1 KB · Views: 15
PROJECT X = EXCELLENT WORK    :hello2:

Darn your getting great at this work, I mean you already were, BUT WOWZA Greg  :eek:
Very outstanding job.

I suggest you get a Blank Slab with NO routing done, and make a engraved Beer Table.
Add a couple of cutdown necks for the legs  :icon_jokercolor:

Then send it to me  :icon_biggrin:

BTW ... this is my favourite so far  :icon_thumright:
Many thanks for the picture show ........

Another fine job! And I'm with Updown on this one as favorite so far.

Thank you guys. This is my favorite also--it's really been fun. If there's a downside to it, it's that a nice chunk of wood is somewhat more costly than a sheet of quality paper to draw on! Ahh, Murray, as much fun as your idea may sound, I've quickly moved it to the BACK BURNER!( :icon_biggrin:). Here's a couple more shots, including one where one of my models dropped by to see how the project was comin' along...
PC050174.jpg
PC050168.jpg

Dude, I think you've found you're new calling... :icon_biggrin:

That's pretty damn full of awesomeness... :headbang1:

Thanks, Doug--now I'm off to southern Louisiana for 4 days of fly fishin' for bull redfish in the Biloxi Marsh-my favorite place on earth, and the source of lots of the swampy blues I write & play. Probably be good to get away from burning gtrs for a bit...let some new ideas ferment :toothy11:. Gonna drop a set of Duncan Antiquities and a Bladerunner trem in this thing when I get back....

i like this one much more than any of the other woodburnt guitars that i've seen.

Are you lookin' to give nearly everyone here an inferiority complex?  "Oh, look.  We can spray on all kinds of colors and lacquers and make them look shiny and pretty."  How can we even hope to attain beautiful wood burning of this magnitude?  Do us all a favor and cut it out already! :icon_biggrin:

In all seriousness, awesome work as always.  Your stuff always impresses me beyond what I thought was possible.

Man, that's some freaky... FREAKY heiroglyphics!!  My favorite so far as well.  The originality with Prairie Princess was terrific, but this is even better.  Freakier.

Wow! This is exactly why Warmoth is the best guitar-builder enablers in the world! The variety of ideas and quality of the finished projects always inspires me. Inspiration that wouldn't be possible without the quality and variety of options provided by Warmoth.

Not that I need yet another build idea, but I can't help thinking about the Nazca designs, burned into the surface of a Strat body... anyway, keep the cool work coming. I'm loving every bit of the projects!

Back