Precisely what color is this?

jay4321

Here's a Les Paul studio in what they call "Classic White." I'd be really interested in an LP build in exactly this color, but I'm not sure if Warmoth's "Vintage White" really matches this. It appears a little more cream. Anyone know for sure?

273270.jpg

for comparison purposes, notice it's slightly warmer than Alpine White:

273265.jpg

I am not sure what color the first picture relates to Warmoth's chart but I have built a LP with Warmoth's Mary Kaye white.  Although the finish is transparent, the shade comes close to the first picture.

From what ive seen, just looking in the showcase, their vintage white seems to change alot. Sometimes its cream colored, sometimes it only a little off white. I dont know :dontknow:

From looking in the showcase, Warmoth looks more cream than white.  But the showcase background is black where as your pic has a white background.  That can give the illusion of a different shade.  In my opinion Warmoth's Vintage White is more like Fender's Vintage White.  That pic of the Gibson looks like a white guitar that's been sitting in a smoke break room for a while. 

It's somewhere between "off-white" and "taupe".  A bit redder than "eggshell" but not as warm as "bone".  I think it's closest to the "sun-bleached fossilized mammoth penis" color, found exclusively on Zakk Wylde's understudy's 1988 Kramer signature ES-335 clone with the OFL...

That looks like a color not white that has yellowed, it may even be Pearlescent but without seeing the actual guitar it is hard to tell.  It looks like Swiss Coffee or Cottage White, which are very popular decorator off whites.

Tonar8353 said:
That looks like a color not white that has yellowed, it may even be Pearlescent but without seeing the actual guitar it is hard to tell.  It looks like Swiss Coffee or Cottage White, which are very popular decorator off whites.

Dude knows his colours.  :laughing7:

Those photos are also not very well balanced.  Compare the appearance of the head stocks and the fretboard inlays.  That alpine white was obviously so bright it threw off the light meter resulting in a much more contrasted effect.

I do like the look of that vintage white as pictured - very pearlescent and it really show the depth of the carve.  Sweet.

dbw said:
It's somewhere between "off-white" and "taupe".  A bit redder than "eggshell" but not as warm as "bone".  I think it's closest to the "sun-bleached fossilized mammoth penis" color, found exclusively on Zakk Wylde's understudy's 1988 Kramer signature ES-335 clone with the OFL...
Dude, you need to leave the mushrooms in the cow pastures alone... :laughing7:

No man I'm serious.  It's tone-paint too.  I can't even begin to describe the tone this paint imparts to every note... maybe stubhead can jump in with some of his famous large orange adjectives :D

jlegnor said:
From looking in the showcase, Warmoth looks more cream than white.  But the showcase background is black where as your pic has a white background.  That can give the illusion of a different shade.

That's ok, I have a nice white room. With black curtains.

Actually what's really funny is that my living room is actually the same color as the guitar... MAB 204-98 Vanilla. I tried looking it up on MAB's site but they've moved on to a new color identification system.

jay4321 said:
jlegnor said:
From looking in the showcase, Warmoth looks more cream than white.  But the showcase background is black where as your pic has a white background.  That can give the illusion of a different shade.

Ha, you know.. my room is also a white room. With black curtains. And for the black roof country part, I painted my ceiling black.

Max said:
jay4321 said:
jlegnor said:

Ha, you know.. my room is also a white room. With black curtains. And for the black roof country part, I painted my ceiling black.

Guess the sun never shines in your room and the shadows run from themselves.

Back