powerful 1x12 tube combo

NLD09

I'm looking for a 1x12 tube amp combo with good cleans, that's loud enough to use in a rehearsal (i'd mic it on stage.)

I'm mostly trying to get away from having an amp that's too loud, too heavy, or too big. My deville 410 is too loud for practice and cumbersome to tote around. My ampeg reverberocket 212 is good as far as volume is concerned, but is too wide to fit in the cab of my ford ranger, and i'd be nervous trying to take a tube amp in the bed. It's also just as heavy as the deville.

any suggestions?

once again... find used... on that big auction site... a Pignose 40w 1x12 tube amp - they seem to be going for about 200-250 in selling prices

Peavey Classic 30 - I've had one for 10+ years, there's no competition on the tone/construction/price parabola. There's another thread (Hannaugh's) that brings up the silverface Fenders - another good choice.

you know i think that's what i'm gonna have to go for, save up and look for a silverface deluxe reverb.

You could always bag a blues junior on craigslist and have some cash left over for common upgrades. Those things are tiny, and I'd imagine loud enough.

See if you can find a Mesa Boogie 5:25 Express.  Best little combo you can lay your hhands on IMHO

Whats powerful?  You wont give up ANYTHING with a Deluxe Reverb reissue (or original)

=CB= said:
Whats powerful?  You wont give up ANYTHING with a Deluxe Reverb reissue (or original)

+1.  A Deluxe is quite loud, especially just when it comes on the pipe.  Should do the trick for most folks!

mayfly said:
=CB= said:

+1.  A Deluxe is quite loud, especially just when it comes on the pipe.  Should do the trick for most folks!
+2

I couldn't agree more.  The DR is a versatile and absolutely classic amp.  Plenty loud for practice and small venues.

If you want tone  (and by tone, I mean anything resembling a clean guitar sound, and something that doesn't sound like a planet of glass shattering above you), stay FAR away from the Pignose 40w. I had that thing for 2 miserable years. Or, buy it and then replace everything in it  :laughing8:

I second the Peavey Classic 30.

Or, if you're budget has no limit: http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Lonestar/LonestarSpecial.htm  :party07:

God I want that thing...

I read some good reviews for these.. and they are quite cheap too....

AA-MS18-1GN_large.png

AA-AK-20_large.png

http://www.axlguitars.com/aaak20.html

http://www.axlguitars.com/aams181gn.html

What if I wanted to build a deluxe reverb clone, but with a single reverb channel rather than all those inputs? Any idea where I could find a list of parts and schematics for that?

NLD09 said:
What if I wanted to build a deluxe reverb clone, but with a single reverb channel rather than all those inputs? Any idea where I could find a list of parts and schematics for that?

that would be a princton reverb.  kits are around

Back