pot cleaner

bpmorton777

hey

this is in the off topic area because I wanted to ask about using pot cleaner on my old Marantz stereo receiver.  Do I need to remove all the components from the chassis? does the pot cleaner mess with other parts in the amp? Are there deadly components in a solid state stereo receiver like there are in a tube guitar amp?

Brian

you jokers! :icon_biggrin:

Ive never used pot cleaner on anything..usualy just replaced the bad pot instead of messing with the stuff but it's an old receiver from the 70's and I'm not planning on replacing components in it.

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
you jokers! :icon_biggrin:

Ive never used pot cleaner on anything..usualy just replaced the bad pot instead of messing with the stuff but it's an old receiver from the 70's and I'm not planning on replacing components in it.

Brian

Still though, you wanna get those stems and seeds out of there they taste like crap  :cool01:

bpmorton777 said:
hey

this is in the off topic area because I wanted to ask about using pot cleaner on my old Marantz stereo receiver.  Do I need to remove all the components from the chassis? does the pot cleaner mess with other parts in the amp? Are there deadly components in a solid state stereo receiver like there are in a tube guitar amp?

Brian

If you have to ask these questions, you're better off taking it to tech.

And don't go poking around in there by yourself because yes, there are deadly components.

ProGold or DeOxit... I find ProGold works better on pots and DeOxit on switches

Back