Post What Jazz You're Listening To

Fayard and his brother Harold Nicholas in the 1943 classic Stormy Weather...

Last edited:
John Patitucci Electric Guitar Quartet - Four in One - Live @ Blue Note Milano

Blue Note Milano 09 - 05 - 2017

John Patitucci - bass
Adam Rogers - guitar
Steve Cardenas - guitar
Nate Smith - drums

Last edited:
The Dry Cleaner From Des Moines · Joni Mitchell

Congas Drums: Don Alias
Percussion: Emil Richards
Piano: Herbie Hancock
Bass Guitar: Jaco Pastorius
Guitar: Joni Mitchell
Drums: Peter Erkskine
Soprano Saxophone: Wayne Shorter
Composer: Charles Mingus
Lyricist: Joni Mitchell

Last edited:
Allan Holdsworth Band feat. Jimmy Haslip & Gary Husband - Jarasum Jazz Festival

Devil Take The Hindmost

Last edited:
I had not heard of this player till this appeared in my YouTube feed but I think this is well worth posting here.

Alexey Zavolokin "Winter sun"

Last edited:
I came across this fan based documentary. Well worth a watch if you are into Jaco, some cool interviews with Marcus Miller, Joe Zawinul, Peter Erskine, Dave Carpenter and Paco Seri.

Jaco Pastorius "The Lost Tapes Documentary"

Video description below.

It all started in 2006, when we, three fans of Jaco Pastorius, decided to self-produce a film to honor the memory of this immense musician, to showcase his approach to music, his creativity, his heritage, and make people discover the “human” imprint that he left within his formations.
Watching for the arrival in France of great musicians having rubbed shoulders with him, we managed to approach some of them, a little "with the nerve" it is true, and to interview Marcus Miller, Joe Zawinul, Peter Erskine, Dave Carpenter and Paco Seri.
The project progressed slowly, at the goodwill of the companies which lent us their equipment or their premises, until in 2008, the images were definitively lost during the move of one of these companies.
But in 2021, while searching his attic, Nico finds a dusty hard drive, which he thought was empty, and discovers that it contains all the lost images in digital format! The project could finally restart and this time we went to the end.
It is this “fan-film” that we are sharing with you today. It contains exclusive, often moving, testimonies that pay homage to comet Jaco Pastorius and the immense musical imprint he left in his wake.
We thank the speakers for their generosity, for the time they agreed to devote to us, for the sole purpose of honoring Jaco's memory.
We would like to point out that this film was made with no budget, no financial aid or no image purchase, all stock and concert images are taken from the internet and all rights reserved. The people who worked on this project did it voluntarily, out of passion and love of music, and the film will in no way be monetized on the platforms, our goal being only to share with you our admiration for "Mr Jaco Pastorius ".
Good viewing.
Musically, Nico, Chris, François.

Last edited:
This seems jazz enough to me. I am assuming Lenny refers to Lenny Breau rather than the SRV song.

Danny Gatton - One For Lenny

Last edited:
Pretty legendary rendition of run for cover

[youtube]https://youtu.be/xf8-o1EJ0e0[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy_fxxj1mMY[/youtube]

YO this is so sick

since time is cyclical (as we all know), this is like if tosin abasi came back in a future-past life and played the sax instead of guitar -- i'm sayin' johnny coltraine shreds. he was the steven vai and joseph satchmo of his era combined, just on a different 'strment (short for instrument)

btw is it possible to change my username? not sayin' i DEFINTELY want to commit, but i thought of "Abraham LinkedIn" today and it kinda rules lol

then again, Linkedin is like facebook for middle-age white dudes who still wear cellphone holsters and tuck their shirts into jeans, so being associated with it even tangentially is kinda iffy

edit: i thought of another good one: "grannyslime666"

Someone feel free to use that 1

[youtube]https://youtu.be/nqtQaiW29O0[/youtube]

Maybe just on the verge of jazz, but still cool.

Back