Post What Jazz You're Listening To

Sublime music.  Cannonball Adderley QUintet performing Joe Zawinul's composition "Mercy, Mercy, Mercy." 

[youtube]pRrFWp4DUho[/youtube]

Michel Camilo's trio burning their way through "A Night in Tunisia."  Hold on to your hats, boys and girls.

[youtube]9Kgnf8mkTLU[/youtube]

Bagman67 said:
Michel Camilo's trio burning their way through "A Night in Tunisia."  Hold on to your hats, boys and girls.

[youtube]9Kgnf8mkTLU[/youtube]

Good grief, you aren’t kidding. Impressive performance! For a bit of a counter-point, here is Tim Lerch taking a very different approach to A Night In Tunisia:
[youtube]_hkmYc3hhms[/youtube]

-VB- said:
here is Tim Lerch taking a very different approach to A Night In Tunisia

Ahh, what a lovely take! Thanks for sharing <3
I wish I could play like that. Some day...

Chick Corea's Akoustic Band from last year.  Dude's 77 years old here and is completely on top of his game. And of course Patitucci and Weckl are solid as ever.  Great show, apart from some nonsense where Chick's not happy with the lighting.

[youtube]w-XZu8DBLSs[/youtube]

World Saxophone Quartet.  They put on a great show.  I don't know if they're still around.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypn-NCvN9qY[/youtube]

Chick Corea, Brian Blade, Christian McBride, doing Monk's angular and beautiful and weirdly bluesy "Crepuscule with Nellie"

[youtube]5psv8GO9Rfc[/youtube]

Welcome to October!

Here is Gilad Hekselman, one of a wonderful crop of younger jazz guitarists doing interesting work, with sax man Ben Wendel.  Great groove, fun loopy/effects stuff from GH.

[youtube]uJ-36jqJuwk[/youtube]

In light of Ginger Baker's passing, here he is in fine form with Bill Frisell and Charlie Haden.

[youtube]3BJA3bq8Ir0[/youtube]

Joscho Stephan (archtop), Rory Hoffman (mandolin), Richard Smith (flattop), hanging out at Eric Schoenberg's shop in Tiburon the other day, and flat out blowin'.

[youtube]MJfOAzb6Rjk[/youtube]

Allen Hinds Group at MI playing a Steps Ahead tune, Self Portrait.

Allen Hinds - guitar, Maxayn Lewis - vocals, Travis Carlton-bass, Deron Johnson - keys & Donald Barrett - drums.

And the original track...

Last edited:
Al DiMeola does his latin-jazz-guitar thing to McCartney's "Blackbird."  Lovely.

[youtube]t3q_Y_0lhMM[/youtube]

Excellent stuff. I bought the CD right when it came out, and was sorta surprised. If you don't know what you're listening to, it's tough to figure out.

Bill Frisell (guitar), Petra Haden (vocal), Rudy Royston (drums),  Thomas Morgan (bass), Eyvind Kang (viola).

Two back-to-back sets at Lincoln Center in NYC.

Sublime.

[youtube]ifr8IowlQIM[/youtube]

No guitar here.

220px-A_Charlie_Brown_Christmas_%28Rmst%29.jpg

I listen to the Guaraldi album year round.  It's just so beautiful, peaceful, uplifting, and melancholy in all the right ways at the right times.

Pat Metheny's "America Undefined," from his album 'From This Place,' due February 21, 2020.

Last edited:
Back