Post What Heavy / Progressive Rock You Are Listening to...

For some reason, I keep having this song flashing through my brain the past couple of days (along with random Bon Jovi songs - and I don't even like Bon Jovi! :ROFLMAO: ). Please, God, help me ...

Last edited:
Wow, the inaccuricies are worse than in Hollywood movies!
I do however remember this ”At the beginning of the song, drummer Ian Haugland says: "Nu ska vi spela!" which means "We're gonna play now!" in Swedish.” This can be heard on the version that is on the record (not in this video).

I’ve always liked the song, though!

John Norum has very tasty licks, like in this song, which is the name of a district in the city of Stockholm (Sweden).

For some reason, I keep having this song flashing through my brain the past couple of days (along with random Bon Jovi songs - and I don't even like Bon Jovi! :ROFLMAO: ). Please, God, help me ...

Aldo Nova, man, what a brief life at the top he had, at least in the States. He was inescapable for about a year, and then poof - gone!

Turns out he has been a prolific and highly regarded producer, including the earlier albums for a little flash-in-the-pan artist named Celine Dion. Good for him.

Aldo Nova, man, what a brief life at the top he had, at least in the States. He was inescapable for about a year, and then poof - gone!

Turns out he has been a prolific and highly regarded producer, including the earlier albums for a little flash-in-the-pan artist named Celine Dion. Good for him.

After Googlin' and Wiki'n I am somewhat worried about my underlying brain. I honestly had no clue about the Aldo/Bon Jovi connection ... scary, man!

Wikipedia wrote:
" In 1990, Aldo Nova wrote the main guitar riff that would be used in the Jon Bon Jovi song, "Blaze of Glory".[1] In 1991, to return the favour, Bon Jovi worked with Nova on his Jambco Records (Jon Bon Jovi's label) release Blood on the Bricks.[1] It had three singles: "Blood on the Bricks", "Medicine Man", and "Someday"."

(along with random Bon Jovi songs - and I don't even like Bon Jovi! :ROFLMAO: )

:eek:

As I own an AXE, I’ve tried to duplicate the ‘Black Flag’ he used. Think PT and OT from 100w Plexi, preamp ala Plexi and tone stack from JTM 45. The JTM 45 has always been my fav Marshall. Gotten close enough for stage work. Filtertrons are the other part of the equation.

I like this one because you can see how they interact, especially when they are all locked into the pocket in front of the drummer. Beautiful. This is classic heavy rock ... with a little blues and country thrown in. At about 1:22 they lock in.

Last edited:
Eric Johnson - "Manhattan" Live from the Paramount Theatre

The official live concert video for Eric Johnson's "Manhattan," filmed in April 2023 on his Treasure Tour in Austin, Texas at the Paramount Theatre.

Premiered on YouTube 31 minutes ago and now here :)

Back