Post What Heavy / Progressive Rock You Are Listening to...

And of course New Wave is New Wave, not Classic Rock, so wrong genre for this thread.

Better to post New Wave, Punk, Alternative, grunge etc in

Wow, listening with headphones, the main guitar track on the left/only reverb return on the right is very very obvious.
The Sunset Studios discussions/interviews on YT are great for learning about how the VH records were recorded, including the VH1 record

Tarot Woman

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow

"Rainbow Rising, the Occult & More! My time in Rainbow" Tony Carey

A lot of Rainbow here lately - great!
In 2005 Dio opened a gig with Tarot Woman. I hadn’t heard the song for a very long time, and it sounded absolutely fantastic.

Jackson Browne shows up fairly often on classic rock radio in the States, so I reckon it's a gray area.

I reckon that may be the thing, the definition of the genre varying in the US versus Europe, where the definition is probably clearer between Europeans.

I have changed the thread title to

Post What Classic Heavy Rock You Are Listening to...​

Last edited:
As a summer (vacation) project I am going through a long list of songs that I have tried to learn to play over that last few years, and trying to play them better. Here’s a song for ya 😜 where I must admit I mostly remember the ”Kitten” from listening to it a long time ago, but now I hear the nice harmonics in the verse and the great solo. Sad that Coverdale fired Sykes, as the guitar on the entire 1987 album is fantastic.

Last edited:
We have Sirius stations in the 🇺🇸 called classic vinyl and classic rewind and their play lists are more universal. The word Heavy should help. But any time you put humans in a system the unexpected happens.

Back