Popped the Cherry on 2 Warmoths this weekend

That is an interesting Faux Pas.  Wearing your own band shirt.  I've had band shirts made and wouldn't wear one, whereas the rest of the band did.  I have a Warmoth shirt, but have never gigged with it.  Jason Newstead often gigged in Metallica shirts.  My old drummer wears a Fender shirt.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
That is an interesting Faux Pas.  Wearing your own band shirt.  I've had band shirts made and wouldn't wear one, whereas the rest of the band did.  I have a Warmoth shirt, but have never gigged with it.  Jason Newstead often gigged in Metallica shirts.  My old drummer wears a Fender shirt.
I don't see any reason not to wear your own bands shirt....After all, you are trying to get people to know who you are.... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
I don't see any reason not to wear your own bands shirt....After all, you are trying to get people to know who you are.... :dontknow:

Good point.  I'm not in that band anymore.  I quit them a year ago.  Maybe I was sub-conscioulsy embarassed to wear the T-shirt.  I even designed them. 

DangerousR6 said:

Good point.  I'm not in that band anymore.  I quit them a year ago.  Maybe I was sub-conscioulsy embarassed to wear the T-shirt.  I even designed them. 
That's quite possible, the subconscious can be a powerful thing....

DangerousR6 said:

Something about being too cool to advertise? There's a whole culture of Football (soccer) fan who do not wear the team colours or merchandise even though they are their hardest core fans (ultras). They consider it too cool to advertise their allegiances.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Is that a Rivera K Tre in the background? How does it sound?
Not to hi jack, but I have a K-Tre' and it's a screaming head, loads of gain on tap, but stays focused and never muds out. Gain channel is pure Rivera, the clean channel is really big sounding, reminds of Fender black face clean tones.

Death by Uberschall said:
Not to hi jack, but I have a K-Tre' and it's a screaming head, loads of gain on tap, but stays focused and never muds out. Gain channel is pure Rivera, the clean channel is really big sounding, reminds of Fender black face clean tones.
I know it's not really what he amp was made for, but what happens when you want to mellow out on the overdrive channel.

I know it's not really what he amp was made for, but what happens when you want to mellow out on the overdrive channel.
Honestly, I'm not sure how far it would really mellow out. It would be like trying to drive a top fuel dragster through a school zone during rush hour traffic!!! It is what it is, a high gain monster. Has the highest gain of any head I own, including my Recto's, Uber and SLO.

Just like I said...

when I was in the shop playing with it i had a guitar in drop D and the guy said.. "just chug on that bottom D and have a listen"

He turned the master down to 0 and we had the gain at about 7 or so, and so i started chugging and got that awful preamp noise all static-y and quiet, then he slowly turned up the master knob to about 2.5 and it was the most glorious thing I had ever heard up to that point in my life.  SO awesome.

D to U.. where do you get all this money to buy these boutique amps man?  fun toys!

Also IIRC Paul Rivera built the blackface preamps for Fender before doing it on his own.  I'm pretty sure the clean channels in all the Knuckleheads are blackface.

Volitions Advocate said:
D to U.. where do you get all this money to buy these boutique amps man?  fun toys!
I've been playing guitar since I was 14 yrs old, 43 now. I've just acquired gear over the years, most I've kept, some I've sold off through the years. When I find a great amp or guitar, it becomes a keeper and I hate let it go. Also, eBay is your friend. Example, I bought my K-Tre' head for $960.00 in pristine condition on ebay, new they sell for $1999.99.

I would probably piss a lot of people off if I posted my guitars and gear.  :evil4:

Volitions Advocate said:
I've been playing guitar since I was 14 yrs old, 43 now. I've just acquired gear over the years, most I've kept, some I've sold off through the years. When I find a great amp or guitar, it becomes a keeper and I hate let it go. Also, eBay is your friend. Example, I bought my K-Tre' head for $960.00 in pristine condition on ebay, new they sell for $1999.99.

I would probably piss a lot of people off if I posted my guitars and gear.   :evil4:

Post it!  :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
Volitions Advocate said:

I would probably piss a lot of people off if I posted my guitars and gear.   :evil4:

Post it!   :icon_biggrin:
Agreed....+1

Ain't  Skeered..... :icon_biggrin:

Back