POLL: Trouble picking out the body i want.

Which do you think looks the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JohninSC said:
Tempest said:
3-tone sunburst gets my vote.  White would be second but I can't stand alpine white, vintage white is MUCH better IMO.

Yall must be a buch of old farts or something. Vintage white looks like someone urinated on the wood 50 years ago and all the yellow faded. If I were to get a white guitar, it would HAVE to be white, not some cream of mushroom stained color

Vintage White looks far better than bright white....especially with a maple fretboard...

smavridis said:
i feel like an idiot for asking because i love the 80's but... who is that?

It's Jake E Lee.
I can't believe he doesn't have the same 'status' as Randy Rhoads  or Zakk Wylde. I also think Zakk is probably more inspired by Jake that he would admit.

Quote from: smavridis on May 10, 2009, 06:05:13 pm

It's Jake E Lee.
I can't believe he doesn't have the same 'status' as Randy Rhoads  or Zakk Wylde. I also think Zakk is probably more inspired by Jake that he would admit.

Ummmmmm, who is that?

I say if you really want a more opaque paint job, then go for it.  But, if you are just getting it because you can't afford a more figured piece of wood, I would wait a little bit longer.  I mean, the difference between ordering an alder body with solid paint and a black korina body with clear gloss is only $60, it wouldn't take that long to save.  The Warmoth guys will pick a nice piece of korina for you if it's going under gloss.  

I hope you figure out what you want!  I'd go for a burst or black myself, I'm not a huge fan of white.  I'm a painter, so I like color.  

bigdaddy said:
Quote from: smavridis on May 10, 2009, 06:05:13 pm

It's Jake E Lee.

Ummmmmm, who is that?

He was Ozzy's guitarist for a couple of years in between Randy Rhoads and Zakk Wylde.

Markoooooo said:
smavridis said:

It's Jake E Lee.

annnnnnnnnnnnd now i feel like a douche. i know how to play "bark at the moon"from the first song to the last... but i can't recognize the genius. :( white is what looks to be the leader. but im still deciding :) red is out so DONT MARK IT!

Jake was fantastic. Timing was the issue with his popularity. No one was going to replace RR, even if they had the chops.

Back