please answer this urgent question for me

Cobretti86

I ordered a warmoth pro neck and a fender strat style warmoth body with a contoured heel (awesome.. im in love and am waiting to assemble), not the offset one which places the screw in a different position, just shaved down and able to accept the the standard neck plate and it uses two shorter screws in the top two holes of the neck.  Now, i read online that the warmoth pro neck is not compatible with the contoured heel, the offset one, because the screw placement interferes with the dbl truss rod.  So is it safe to assume that my warmoth pro neck will work fine with my contoured heel using the 2 longer/2shorter screw lengths provided?  The screw holes are still in their normal, or standard, positions.  All I can find on the website is info saying that it doesn't work with the offset contoured heel.  I will not sleep until I get an answer on this. Please help!!! Thanks.

To put it another way, Warmoth strat-style necks are all compatible with Warmoth strat-style bodies, whether contoured or not.

And the "bad things" Patrick refers to if you put the longer screws in the wrong holes involve the screws passing through the fingerboard to the surface - which is, indeed, a bad thing.

The 2 long screws go closest to the bridge and the two short ones go in the holes towards the peg head.

Bill

The contoured heel that doesn't work it not sold by Warmoth, so you're all good. It's the one offered by fender with the rounded corner that is incompatible with the Warmoth Pro necks. It looks like this:

xm1vlt.jpg

The contoured heel used by Warmoth looks like this:

15zrq83.jpg

So as you can see, the screw is still in the default location, no problems there, it just needs to be shorter so that it doesn't go through. The screws offered by Warmoth are a 1/4" shorter towards the headstock.

Shadow said:
The contoured heel that doesn't work it not sold by Warmoth, so you're all good. It's the one offered by fender with the rounded corner that is incompatible with the Warmoth Pro necks. It looks like this:

xm1vlt.jpg

The contoured heel used by Warmoth looks like this:

15zrq83.jpg

So as you can see, the screw is still in the default location, no problems there, it just needs to be shorter so that it doesn't go through. The screws offered by Warmoth are a 1/4" shorter towards the headstock.

As always, The Shadow knows...

ORCRiST said:
As always, The Shadow knows...

I read here quite a bit, just don't post that often, just starting to now.

The Shadow knows all...  :icon_jokercolor:

Back