Warmoth drill size for spring claw screws

hamid

I'm curious if anyone knows what pilot hole size Warmoth drills the back cavity spring claw holes. In my experience, the Warmoth holes are perfect. Not too tight to make it hard to adjust the term and not too loose.
I have a body from ages ago (not a Warmoth one) that doesn't have the screw holes. I'm looking to drill the same hole size Warmoth does, if possible.

Cheers

I use a 7/64” aircraft bit for that purpose.
Fantastic! Thank you!
I had a look around and found Stew Mac sells a 1/8" aircraft bit. I guess that would be close, maybe a bit easier to adjust. Or would you say 7/64 would be closer in tightness to warmoth holes?

Fantastic! Thank you!
I had a look around and found Stew Mac sells a 1/8" aircraft bit. I guess that would be close, maybe a bit easier to adjust. Or would you say 7/64 would be closer in tightness to warmoth holes?

I cannot say I have made a comparison. But either would do the job. Normally, I could check for you but have recently moved and so lack easy access to a Warmoth body and the aircraft bit. Stewmac also has an article mentioning 7/64" for the job. As I recall, I sourced the 7/64" aircraft bit I have from Ebay.

I go by the screw size. Pilot hole should be between the screw shaft and the screw threads. Closer to the shaft but not smaller

I'm curious if anyone knows what pilot hole size Warmoth drills the back cavity spring claw holes. In my experience, the Warmoth holes are perfect. Not too tight to make it hard to adjust the term and not too loose.
I have a body from ages ago (not a Warmoth one) that doesn't have the screw holes. I'm looking to drill the same hole size Warmoth does, if possible.

Cheers
Hamid. Warmoth uses an 1/8" drill for those holes.

Back