American Professional II with warmoth neck?

plopez2389

Hi, I have an American Professional II P bass body These have the sculpted neck heel and 5 holes to screw in the neck . before i place an order for a neck, i wanted to verify that a warmoth P bass neck will fit? I was hoping to order with no holes on the neck and have tech take care of that.

Thanks in advance

You need to check that the specs otherwise match width wise etc.

At the above link there is an email you can contact who may be able to help advise. Also check with the tech for his or her views.

A Modern Construction neck will not work due to the side adjustment conflicting with the placement of the neck screws, so be sure to buy a Vintage/Modern Constuction instead. You'll need to drill your own holes, since the Am Pro II uses a different neck plate.

FYI, Warmoth is currently looking into providing a direct replacement for the Am Pro II necks with the contoured heel, but it is likely a ways off yet. For the time being the best solution is to get a Vintage/Modern and drill the mounting holes yourself.

A Modern Construction neck will not work due to the side adjustment conflicting with the placement of the neck screws, so be sure to buy a Vintage/Modern Constuction instead. You'll need to drill your own holes, since the Am Pro II uses a different neck plate.

FYI, Warmoth is currently looking into providing a direct replacement for the Am Pro II necks with the contoured heel, but it is likely a ways off yet. For the time being the best solution is to get a Vintage/Modern and drill the mounting holes yourself.
Hi Aaron, This will be for my P-Bass project but I don't see an option to pick construction type for the bass neck? Thanks Aaron. Love the YouTube videos btw!

Hi Aaron, This will be for my P-Bass project but I don't see an option to pick construction type for the bass neck? Thanks Aaron. Love the YouTube videos btw!

Oh....right! My guitar-centric brain forgot you mentioned bass! With bass there is only one construction so picking the right neck is not nearly as complicated.

I am not 100% sure so you'll need to measure carefully before buying, but I believe the neck pockets on the Am Pro II are still the same size as Fender's vintage/original specs. The only thing that is different is the pattern of the neck screws, so you'll still need to drill those yourself. You can do this by selecting "No Mounting Holes" for the Mounting Hole option. This can only be done if you order custom. Bass necks in our in-stock showcase will already have the mounting holes drilled. (However, you can probably still use them on your Am Pro II because just like the neck pocket/heel specs, I'm fairly certain that the screw holes still use Fender's vintage/original spacing except for the one that has been moved for the rounded corner. You'll have to measure before buying to be sure.)

As @stratamania already pointed out, all the dimensions you need are here:

@plopez2389 If you do end up buying a bass neck to use with your Am Pro II body, please report back here and let us know how it went. We're always trying to stay on top of compatibility issues, and we would love to get your first-hand feedback!

Bump. I'm in the same boat. I'm on the fence about buying an American Pro II Pbass, and it hinges on whether I can get a Warmoth Jbass profile neck that will fit the American Pro II Pbass body. I would be grateful for any updates either from the OP or anyone with additional knowledge. Thank you.

Bump. I'm in the same boat. I'm on the fence about buying an American Pro II Pbass, and it hinges on whether I can get a Warmoth Jbass profile neck that will fit the American Pro II Pbass body. I would be grateful for any updates either from the OP or anyone with additional knowledge. Thank you.

The position is the same as it was previously, and the OP has provided no feedback. If you go ahead based on the posts above, please post feedback so others can benefit.

The position is the same as it was previously, and the OP has provided no feedback. If you go ahead based on the posts above, please post feedback so others can benefit.
Thank you for your reply.

I am going to purchase the American Pro II. If I order a plain stock jbass neck from Warmoth without any customization just to see if it fits, would I be able to return it and then order the precise one that I want, with respect to wood, inlays, frets, etc? I don't want to spend $600 on a custom Jbass neck to find out it doesn't fit.

Thank you for your reply.

I am going to purchase the American Pro II. If I order a plain stock jbass neck from Warmoth without any customization just to see if it fits, would I be able to return it and then order the precise one that I want, with respect to wood, inlays, frets, etc? I don't want to spend $600 on a custom Jbass neck to find out it doesn't fit.

The Am Pro II bass neck config is an entirely new beast, with 5 bolts. We have not done any R&D on it yet, and don't know whether the neck pocket dimensions even still follow Fender's traditional/vintage specs, or anything else about it.

If you're willing to be a guinea pig we might accommodate that in some way, but that would require a call to customer service to arrange it....and they may very well come back with a "no".

The Am Pro II bass neck config is an entirely new beast, with 5 bolts. We have not done any R&D on it yet, and don't know whether the neck pocket dimensions even still follow Fender's traditional/vintage specs, or anything else about it.

If you're willing to be a guinea pig we might accommodate that in some way, but that would require a call to customer service to arrange it....and they may very well come back with a "no".
Okay. When the bass arrives, I will reply on this thread again. If it weren't so expensive to do, I would ship the whole bass to Warmoth for examination.

Back