Pickups for black Korina (help)

I use the EVO on both my TFS6 and my RG7620 7 string.

Very balanced med/hi output pickup, boasts a relatively flat eq curve with a slight mid peak.
I've never heard it sound bad in any body tonewood, which is one of the reasons that I selected it for my own guitars after multiple installs to others.

FWIW, I've had a relatively easy time of getting good pickup combinations with BK, with the only exception being the Seymour Duncan SH15, which was too dark in my opinion.  The test subject was the Dragon Burst BK VIP that I assembled when I worked at Warmoth, with an all Indian Rosewood Neck.  I think a brighter tonewood for the neck would have yielded more favorable results for a rock guitar, otherwise, it was just a bad fit.

MY main guitar for the past 7 years has been a Warmoth chambered black korina LP body with a Wilk. 2 point trem. The neck is a Warmoth wenge with a ziricote fretboard. I would call the tone a slightly more responsive mahogany but the tendency to have boomy lows exists as well. I have this guitar as an HSH with a set of Duncan Jazz humbuckers aropund a Duncan STK-S4 stacked single coil in the middle. I get great, articulate results out of this guitar. Here is a recent vid of me jammin' in a courtyard here in Greece with it through my Laney Cub 12 (sorry the video didn't get recorded until I was almost done with the song but you can hear the tone):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcqcmxi9Tl0[/youtube]

The bottom line is I love black korina, it's a great wood and with the right pickups it really shines!

Back