Pickup Brand Central (list of pickups)

What pickups do you have in your guitar(s)?

  • A Little Thunder

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aero Instruments

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aguilar

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Allparts

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bare Knuckle Pickups

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Bartolini

    Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Benedetti

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bill Lawrence (original)

    Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Bill Lawrence (USA)

    Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Blackwater

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brierley Guitar Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulldog Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burns

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cream T Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creamery Pickups

    Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Crel

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Curtis Novak

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Danelectro

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Dean

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Dimarzio

    Votes: 51 39.8%
  • Dominger

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Don Mare Pickups

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Dragonfire

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • EMG

    Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Entwistle

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epiphone

    Votes: 6 4.7%
  • ESP

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Fastback

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fender

    Votes: 43 33.6%
  • Fishman

    Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Fralin

    Votes: 16 12.5%
  • Gibson

    Votes: 37 28.9%
  • GraphTech

    Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Guild

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • GuitarFetish

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Honey Badger

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • House of Tone

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Ibanez

    Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Irongear

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Jim Wagner Pickups

    Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Joe Barden

    Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Kent Armstrong

    Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Kiesel/Carvin

    Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Kinman

    Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Klein

    Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Lace

    Votes: 17 13.3%
  • Langcaster

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lollar

    Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Lundgren

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luther Lee Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monty’s Guitars

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oil City Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PRS

    Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Railhammer

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Rebel Relic

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reilander

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reverend

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rio Grande

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • RMC Pickup

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roadhouse

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Rocketfire

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rockfield Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schecter

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Seymour Duncan

    Votes: 73 57.0%
  • Shadow

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Sheptone

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Suhr

    Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Tesla

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Throbak

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Tonerider

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Tornade MS Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TV Jones

    Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Vintage Vibe

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wolfetone

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Zexcoil

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zhangbucker Pickups

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Tim White Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • OX4 Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • J. M. Rolph Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Nordstrand Pickups

    Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Iconix Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Righteous Sound Pickups

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • AnalogMan Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Rumpelstiltskin Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Gretsch

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Rautia

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Catswhisker Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Telenator

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAMA pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shoreline

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organic pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leddin vintage Guitars

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Artec

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Smitty guitars

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanford Magnetics

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mighty Mite

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armstrong Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Ron Ellis pickups

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • McNelly Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alembic

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wiggins Brand

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Virgil Arlo Vintage Guitar Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harmonic Design Custom Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ReWind Electric

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Silver Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Motor City Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Pork Roll Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revel Custom Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander Pribora Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vineham Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Bootstrap Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darkmoon Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden Age Pickups (Stew Mac)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mojotone Pickups

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Häussel Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cavalier Pickups

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Blackfire Pickups

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    128

Logrinn

Senior member
Messages
3,597
I have now added four more pickup brands to the list:
Alembic, Wiggins Brand (I agree, Rgand, they look very interesting), Virgil Arlo and Harmonic Design.

What's your pickup(s) on your guitar(s)?
 

rgand

Senior member
Messages
5,934
Right now I have Bill Lawrence (both originals and Wajcman's), Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan. Still researching for the next build, that's how I fell onto those Wiggins pickups.
 

rgand

Senior member
Messages
5,934
I thought there was a way to remove your vote so you could go back and do it again and add to your listings. Can't find it now. How do I add to what I have already?

I notice also that there are exactly 50 members who have voted. Are we limited to that many?
 

Cagey

Senior member
Messages
24,425
There's an option for that, but it wasn't checked when the poll was created. I'm afraid to enable that now, as in the past changing poll options has reset the poll. That may have been a bug in the forum software that has since been fixed, but this poll is so large that I'm not willing to risk it.

Maybe being closer to the operation Aaron knows more about it and will chime in, but for now we'll let sleeping dogs lie.
 

Logrinn

Senior member
Messages
3,597
I see 51 members have voted now.
I can also edit the poll, although I'm not sure others (except administrators) can edit it or their votes. I can't remember.
 

Kostas

Senior member
Messages
1,381
http://www.re-wind.net/
https://www.silverpickups.com/
http://www.motorcitypickups.com/
 

Logrinn

Senior member
Messages
3,597
Kostas said:
http://www.re-wind.net/
https://www.silverpickups.com/
http://www.motorcitypickups.com/

Thanks for the links Kostas. I've added these three brands to the list now.
 

rgand

Senior member
Messages
5,934
Logrinn said:
I see 51 members have voted now.
I can also edit the poll, although I'm not sure others (except administrators) can edit it or their votes. I can't remember.
Run-of-the-mill, middle-of-the-road, every-day members like me don't have that capability. We want this to be accurate so if you can edit the vote, please check 'Wiggins Brand' for me. That's what is going into my new build. Thanks.
 

Logrinn

Senior member
Messages
3,597
Rgand said:
Logrinn said:
I see 51 members have voted now.
I can also edit the poll, although I'm not sure others (except administrators) can edit it or their votes. I can't remember.
Run-of-the-mill, middle-of-the-road, every-day members like me don't have that capability. We want this to be accurate so if you can edit the vote, please check 'Wiggins Brand' for me. That's what is going into my new build. Thanks.

I can cast a "vote" on Wiggins brand, but that will be on me. I don't know if Aaron, Cagey or the UW admins can cast that "vote" in your name for that brand, but we'll see what they say.
 

rgand

Senior member
Messages
5,934
Logrinn said:
Rgand said:
Logrinn said:
I see 51 members have voted now.
I can also edit the poll, although I'm not sure others (except administrators) can edit it or their votes. I can't remember.
Run-of-the-mill, middle-of-the-road, every-day members like me don't have that capability. We want this to be accurate so if you can edit the vote, please check 'Wiggins Brand' for me. That's what is going into my new build. Thanks.

I can cast a "vote" on Wiggins brand, but that will be on me. I don't know if Aaron, Cagey or the UW admins can cast that "vote" in your name for that brand, but we'll see what they say.
It's not critical that it be on my name. It's more to make the poll correct overall.
 

Cagey

Senior member
Messages
24,425
The polls and their database files are secure. Not even the admins can see who voted for what, remove/change a vote, or cast a vote in another name. As close as I can tell without having access to the drives the files themselves are on, the only remedy for a corrupted, suspicous or improperly configured poll is a restart. On small quickie polls, that might not be a big issue, but on one as large and as long-running as this one, I can't imagine the loss would be worth it.
 

rgand

Senior member
Messages
5,934
Yeah, that option may have been at one time but now it isn't. No problem. I just thought it would be a good idea to update but it really isn't all that important. What is, however, is that my build parts are starting to arrive.  :icon_biggrin:
 
Top