Photo Hosting for Posting Pics

mullyman

Where do you guys host your photos? I'm having a helluva time with Photobucket and would like to know if there is anything better, for free of course.
Thanks in advance,
MULLY

Lots of people seemed to have switched over to Imgur for free hosting.  I can't tell you how good it is as an actual "image hosting" service, but in terms of just having a place to store shareable photos without getting charged ridiculous fees, it works.

I use Dropbox. Works well. For some reason you have to change the end of the links from “dl=0” to “raw=1” for the links to work, which is a bit of a hassle if you are doing a bunch, but otherwise no complaints.

I switched from Photobucket to Imgur even before Pb started their "pay-only" hosting. Imgur is very easy to use. No problems at all posting to the forum.  :icon_thumright:

Imugr has started blocking remote linking to some forums (SSO comes to mind); however, I use my own webspace to host.

I do the same. Some stuff is on Imgur, some on a leased server. Imgur is fairly fast and easy.

I have my own server with a corporate network and firewall at my home. Hosting my own photos is not an issue  :glasses9:

Thanks for the info, guys. Seems as if Imgur is the way to go for now. Much appreciated. Keep your eyes out for my recent Telecaster build.
MULLY

I looked into using Imgur some time ago. Here is why I don't use them.

From their terms of service...

don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com.

Testing Dropbox linkage...

2018-04-16%2022.14.36.jpg

stratamania said:
I looked into using Imgur some time ago. Here is why I don't use them.

From their terms of service...

don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com.

That's interesting, I hadn't seen that concern brought up before.  I wonder how much traffic you have to generate to get on their radar.  Might have to go back to Dropbox just to avoid any potential future unpleasantness.  ???

Many TOS and EULAs are full of shocking revelations. But, nobody reads them. Facebook is getting their asses kicked right now, but the bottom line is everybody not only agreed to TOS and a EULA that told them exactly how things were going to be and what they were going to do, people then went ahead and posted entire mountain ranges of personal data on their sites. So... who's at fault that all that private information and behavior that users made public is now public?

Back