Peghead Opinions Wanted

Watchie

I have a rear routed Jazzmaster body, and am considering a "Warmoth" peghead shape instead of the traditional Fender "Strat/Jazzmaster" pegged.  Any thoughts as to how this combination might look (noting the lack of a traditional Jazzmaster pickguard)?

This Jazzmaster that you are building....Would it have a laminated Flame Maple top? If so, Warmoth peghead design with a peghead veneer to match the top?

Also lay out the controls differently to move away from the Jazzmaster styling.....Maybe consider a LP control set up?

I think that just changing the headstock and leaving most other things in the design looking like the usual Jazzmaster, might cause a few who see it to go 'WTF?'....but moving away from the JM styling might diminish that response.

First, sorry about the double posting. I was not sure which forum it belonged in, so thought it would do no harm to post the question in both.

As to the build, it is a two piece swamp ash body, with a very nice grain pattern.  And yes, I am doing a V-T-T control setup with a Strat three-way switch, so it will look quite a bit different in that respect from the traditional Jazzmaster with it's unique controls and pickguard.

Back