Orange amp cake

hannaugh

Master Member
I'm watching this show on Food Network, and this is what they are making.  Maybe I can get these guys to make a Les Paul/Ford Mustang cake for my wedding.

"http://www.youtube.com/v/YXN2GLAE3hw&hl=en&fs=1"

No sooner do I post that, they have another episode of the cake show where they are making a Les Paul cake.

LOL I saw that last night on Ace of Cakes.  That was one lucky kid, especially since it matched his gift!

Those folks on Ace Of Cakes do some amazing work.  The Les Paul cake probably cost as much as a Les Paul.  When you do work like that it appears you can charge what you like.

At least it was for the kid's bar mitzvah and not just a birthday.  I always annoys me when people throw outrageously lavish birthday parties for their kids.  My boss worked a show for this teenage birthday party once where the parents bought the house next door to them to throw the party in, and the concert in the backyard was Maroon 5. 

Plus it was an Epiphone and not a Gibson so the opulence factor wasnt too bad.  Those parties must suck to work at....but be pretty cool to be invited to.  :cool01:

Yeah, true story there.  My boss was like "That was when I realized I needed to get back into teaching."  I guess the final straw was some celebrity party he worked where Cuba Gooding Jr. got faced and did some unpleasant things... he is very vague as to what those things were though. 

Got faced?  'round here we just say sh*t-faced!  :eek:ccasion14:

and that fudging profanity checker nearly fudging fucked me over again!  :evil4:

Normally I would say sh*t faced, but the general alternative when profanity is not allowed is faced.  At least, that's the way we say it at the high school I work at. 

... I usually end up accidentally cussing around the kids anyways.  I was a carpenter for too long.

hannaugh said:
Normally I would say sh*t faced, but the general alternative when profanity is not allowed is faced.  At least, that's the way we say it at the high school I work at. 

... I usually end up accidentally cussing around the kids anyways.  I was a carpenter for too long.
My favorite substitute teacher doesn't watch her mouth. Actually, I think she makes a point of it at times. She loves the old music, and I'm friends with her son.

And I can't stand those outrageous bday parties either. My sweet 16... I invited friends over. The only thing we paid for was pizza and ingredients for brownies and pie. I even made a point that none of my friends had to bring gifts. Same thing last year.

I will have to dig up a picture of my dad's cake...I had it made to look just like the warmoth I built for him and it came out great.

Here it is. Has the f-hole, humbuckers, and gold hardware and every thing bad pic cause it is actually a screen capture from video.

cake.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

Back