Opinions if you would..

Maltozombie

i'm planning out the electronics for my first build, and i saw the Megaswitch on the Stewmac site.
i'm building with a 2 humbucker setup and i was going to use a regular lp style switch for the pickups, but considering the megaswitch is only a few dollars more, i was thinking i might as well take advantage of the series/parallel options, even if i wont use it.

anyone else think the same?

I'm of the opinion that the less crap one has between their fingers and the amp speaker, the better one's tone will be, and the better one's playing will be as well (less crap = less mental overhead).

Fancy wiring schemas are certainly fun to mess around with and experiment, but really just an extra layer of unnecessary fluff.  When it comes to 'buckers, 'bout the only thing I *might* put in is a coil tap, because there is a discernable difference in tone.

I was thinking the same thing too...it's going to be strat build however, so thats another reason to get the 5 way, but it's hardly a purist instrument as it is, i thought the LP switch would be something different on a strat style since i only have the 2 humbuckers anyway, besides i have an HSS strat if i need those single coil sounds,  i think the less clutter will be more appealing. i'm still trying to convince myself to throw in a killswitch though  :laughing7:

How often do you play clean?  If the answer is a lot, splitting the HB's makes more sense.

I am a fan of this setup:

http://www.dimarzio.com//media/diagrams/E.pdf

It gives you a couple of hum-free split options without a push-pull or extra switches.  Pretty clean setup imo.

Back