Online builder + notes vs email ordering

C

Cederick

I like the online builder ordering feature but as they dont have any neck colors (back and headstock) that has to be put into the "special notes"

How would I go about to add the $$ to the final price? I'm not sure about this, but I remember when checking out last time, there was a fixed sum, the same as check-out price in the shopping cart, and I can't remember being able to change the price myself at all?

But that was a while ago, but I wanna be sure until next time.

Or is it better to just go with e-mail ordering? I've never done that before

Can I just use the online bulder and copy paste the entire spec sheet, and then add "alpine white with black headstock" in the neck finish section or something?

I just placed my order (literally about 6 hours ago) And I requested the neck be painted black, and stated it in the order notes. I expect them to contact me regarding my request, and they will charge the proper amount. If not, I'll email them with my order number and look into it.

Timmsie95 said:
I just placed my order (literally about 6 hours ago) And I requested the neck be painted black, and stated it in the order notes. I expect them to contact me regarding my request, and they will charge the proper amount.

That is exactly how it has gone for me.

Verne Bunsen said:
That is exactly how it has gone for me.

Good to know, haha. It has been hanging in the back of my mind too, "..what if they don't do it....."

I just ordered a glossy finish and painted headstock on an unfinished Showcase neck. At checkout I added a note that I wanted the headstock painted black and that I authorized them to charge the extra $40 to the credit card I used. This was according to what a Warmoth rep told me to do when I called them with just your question. I then got an updated invoice emailed to me with the extra charge on it and a confirmation of the extra feature requested in my notes. So that's how you do it.

Cederick said:
I like the online builder ordering feature but as they dont have any neck colors (back and headstock) that has to be put into the "special notes"

How would I go about to add the $$ to the final price? I'm not sure about this, but I remember when checking out last time, there was a fixed sum, the same as check-out price in the shopping cart, and I can't remember being able to change the price myself at all?

But that was a while ago, but I wanna be sure until next time.

Or is it better to just go with e-mail ordering? I've never done that before

Can I just use the online bulder and copy paste the entire spec sheet, and then add "alpine white with black headstock" in the neck finish section or something?
:redflag:

If you use the on line order, just add in at the end. In the notes section.

That you want the neck finished in (what ever colour you desire) that Warmoth offer.

I have done it like this, many times …..
In your notes.

ie: I would like the neck and headstock finished in Black.

And that I acknowledge the extra cost for doing this.…. many thanks.

It will be added into your costs that you already have been charged for.
For the above it cost me on a Maple neck $ 120

ALL THE COSTS ARE HERE …
http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/NeckFinish.aspx

I didn't state that I authorize the change... will that be an issue? When I asked them about it, they just told me to write that I'd like it painted in the order notes, nothing about authorization.

Timmsie95 said:
I didn't state that I authorize the change... will that be an issue? When I asked them about it, they just told me to write that I'd like it painted in the order notes, nothing about authorization.

Shouldn't be a problem. 

Thats just how I got told (via them) on how to do it.  :icon_thumright:

Okay great.
Didn't mean to hijack a post or anything, I'm just in a similar situation and didn't really want to make a dedicated thread for it :laughing7:

Back