Old style metallic logo decals

mrpinter

Is anyone hoarding any of these? I'm looking for one or more - preferably in the black chrome color. If you have any and could spare one or two of them, I'll be happy to buy them for a good price. If you're interested please send me a private message. These are the ones I'm after:

Warmoth%20decal%20on%20hdstk.jpg

Mike

We had a similar thread a while back.

Seems the waterslides are a dime a dozen, but ever since Best-Decals.com went belly up, nobody can find these kind anymore.

They're out there. I've found suppliers. But, due to tooling issues you have to buy them in large quantities, so it's financially impractical for individuals to have them made. Warmoth has been dragging their feet on restocking them for a couple years now for reasons only they know. Makes no sense. It's in their best interests to make such things available.

I think the new decals are in line right after the Gecko guitar and 7 string in a 6 version that's been a year away for 7 years now.

I'd definitely put one on any Warmoth neck I have or will get in the future. Assuming, of course, they will go on a raw headstock and look fine.

I'm an advertising designer, and do a lot of my own graphic design work. I researched the decal provider situation and found one that looks interesting: a company that has a product that is actual metal foil on clear adhesive material. It can be made in gold or silver. The minimum order is 50, and a minimum order of decals at approximately the size of the old ones we're wanting would be a little under $200 (shipping cost included). That would be $4.00 each.

Is anyone interested in going together for an order of metal decals? Or put another way, who would purchase one if had them made? I came up with a logo that I like the looks of. It is not the official Warmoth logo - which may or may not be available to me for this project. I would probably order them in the silver, with the thinking that it is more neutral. Here is my design:

Warmoth%20logo%20MP%20v.jpg

I'd be more interested in the actual Warmoth logo. If that's a possibility I'd be interested in a couple.

I'd buy into it, and I'd be willing to bet Warmoth would give you the artwork to make the real deal since we'd be paying to advertise for them. But, I wouldn't want anything where you could see the mounting material. Then it just looks like a sticker, which is tacky as hell. Who wants to spend $500 on a neck, then put a sticker on it? It needs to be embossed lettering that's discreetly self-adhesive, like the original parts from Warmoth. That way, you can put it on raw headstocks.

Foil printed decals would be nice, too, but they're only good for burying in the finish. I'd like to see them available, but the embossed lettering works on everything, so why stock two styles?

A couple/few years ago when they first ran out of the traditional logos, a previous Warmoth employee said restocking would run them ~$5K. I don't know what kind of quantity he was talking about. Since then, I've talked to someone there who said they were working on a replacement, but it was moving slowly. That's been probably 6 months ago. so it might be worth a call to find out where they're at on that project before spending a pile of money that it's really their responsibility to spend. They should be providing quality logos with every part they sell, not some cheesy sticker that's only suitable for notebook covers.

Cagey, the metal stick-ons I'm talking about appear to be as you are describing that you want - adhesive only on the back of the artwork. I have an inquiry in to the printing company to find out for sure. And one of the Warmoth sales guys sent me a logo file in an email attachment, after I described what I'm trying to do, so that gives us a go-ahead to use their artwork.

More info forthcoming as soon as I have more details myself. Thanks for the interest so far.

Mike

EDIT: Just heard back from the printing company re the above question. The backing is for positioning purposes only... no clear material will show.

mrpinter said:
EDIT: Just heard back from the printing company re the above question. The backing is for positioning purposes only... no clear material will show.

In that case, I'd buy a few just have them for possible future use.

Sounds great. I'm in. You can pm me with details or put them here for all to see.

Yea, I would definitely be in for a few; some for now, and some for later...
Thanks for your time and trouble!!!
:rock-on:

mrpinter said:

I wonder if they'd be willing to provide some samples?

I wonder if they'd be willing to provide some samples?
[/quote]

They're sending me some.  :)

If everything looks good with the samples and we go ahead: here's the artwork I've done so far (it's about 2.125" wide, same as the old ones)

Headstock%20logo%20for%20forum%201.jpg

Excellent! I'll look forward to seeing some pics. Was that minimum order per color?

Sign me up, I could sure use a few of these. I have four necks at the moment that I'd be happy to adorn in this kind of finery.

Back