Ok, so I'm an idiot....

erogenousjones17

I've been waiting for two weeks for my W order to come in (vintage six-hole trem, neck plate, other small do-dads) so that I could make some progress on my Strat build, and it finally arrived today. Well, technically it arrived yesterday, but it got shipped to the wrong apartment so I had to wait a day. Anyway, turns out I forgot to buy neck screws. Dang. Looks like I'm off to the hardware store for a temporary replacement... :doh:

Just thought I'd share that with everyone. Feel free to add your own mini blunders.

I've got a set in chrome that I can send up to you if you like.

oh and PS:  you're not an idiot .... you're a moron  :icon_jokercolor:

mayfly said:

Oh thanks.  :laughing7:
But that'd be great about the screws. Probably faster than ordering them from somewhere. How much?

ErogenousJones said:
mayfly said:

But that'd be great about the screws. Probably faster than ordering them from somewhere. How much?

For the sake of Canadian Unity I'll fire them off to you for nothing.

send me your address and I'll post them.

I ordered pots from warmoth with the standard length shafts which will only fit in a cavity like a strats', so the pots are tightened to the pickguard, and they didn't fit on my body. I had to order a new set.

I ordered a Jazzmaster body from Warmoth with the intention of putting in EMG pickups and clean forgot to order a double battery cavity. Years on that project is still incomplete and that is partly due to the fact I have tried to squeeze batteries in without success and now wonder if I can do my own double battery rout but the body is finished in poly Fiesta Red solid colour.

It's a maple body too, which is probably also a mistake as when I tried passive pickups (Armstrong Mini Humbuckers) in it the guitar was too sterile sounding and even when I have rigged up a temporary set of EMGs in there, it is cold and sterile sounding too. I HAVE TO put in an SPC and EXG eqs to liven up the pickups, otherwise the whole project is junked - or at least the body is.

Major case of  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

mayfly said:
ErogenousJones said:
mayfly said:

I got back today from a brief vacation to visit my parents, and lo and behold there were screws in my mailbox. Thanks. :toothy11:
Also, this strat is shaping up to be a real pain in the you-know-what; nothing sems interested in lining up. Oh well, that's all part of the fun I guess!

ErogenousJones said:
mayfly said:
ErogenousJones said:
mayfly said:

I got back today from a brief vacation to visit my parents, and lo and behold there were screws in my mailbox. Thanks. :toothy11:
Also, this strat is shaping up to be a real pain in the you-know-what; nothing sems interested in lining up. Oh well, that's all part of the fun I guess!

ahhh, its always nice to see we have each others backs! if i wasnt lazy i would have sent you a set. i have a billion screws from my friends, they all know im into guitar mods and they give me pieces all the time.

ErogenousJones said:
mayfly said:
ErogenousJones said:
mayfly said:

!

Cheers buddy!  glad to help.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
I ordered pots from warmoth with the standard length shafts which will only fit in a cavity like a strats', so the pots are tightened to the pickguard, and they didn't fit on my body. I had to order a new set.
I found out the hard way that most of the 1 meg pots are the same. Mostly made to fit top rout style pickguards. took a bit of searching to find some longer shaft 1 meg's.... :doh:

Back