ok, I want a starcaster

mayfly

Epic Member
Gentlemen,

I would like to buy this:

starcasterfront.jpg

Surely we can we come to some arrangement.

Yours,

Mayfly

P.S. I'm more interested in the body than the headstock.  Actually, not really interested in the headstock at all if that helps.

I'm quite familiar with the Starcaster, and the unusual headstock is as much a piece of the distinctive appeal as the offset seni-hollow body.

+1 for the suggestion, however we know any W version would be bodyshape only and chambered instead of semi-hollow, which is fine with me. 

While we're at it, and w/out a hijack, I'd like an L5S bass....seriously.

I lusted after one of those for the longest time - I think it has to do with my age, and a specific Fender catalog I basically wore to shreds - I graduated high school in 1975, so it might have been a 75 catalog? Alas, then I actually have had a chance to play a few - a maple neck, bolted to a maple plywood body with the three-screw tilt feature, with a sort-of center block - even the "Full-Range" pickups couldn't save that. I'm not one of those people who think sustain is the only indication of quality, but those things are like banjos.

At that time, Fender was in the deepest throes of the CBS it's-just-another-product cost-cutting geniuses. It's a great shape.... but I'm pretty sure that if you duplicated all the dimensions, using better wood and parts, it would still suck, because it was engineered by people who didn't play guitar. There's actually quite a few of the custom custom guys who will do offset semi-hollowbodies, but they know what makes guitars good too. Heck for the price of one Starcaster, you could have had four Ovation Eclipses:

Eclipse_Ovation_Ad.jpg

http://www.ovationtribute.com/Ovation%20Promo/Eclipse_Ovation_Ad.html

I had one, and that was more than enough. The plasticine goo used on Ovation bowl backs, used for an entire guitar! Eeek....

The Phish guy's Languedoc guitars took the Starcaster as a starting point, but he uses a set neck, better woods and surely quality control way beyond late 70's Fender:

Languedoc2.jpg

http://www.languedocguitars.com/guitars/

Woogie, woogie, woogie....

+1 for me.  I'm begging you guys at Warmoth... I will take almost ANY double cutaway chambered f-hole kind-of-archtop-ish sort of body shape at this point.  Please, please, please!  Pretty please with sugar on top. 

stubhead said:
The Phish guy's Languedoc guitars took the Starcaster as a starting point, but he uses a set neck, better woods and surely quality control way beyond late 70's Fender:

Languedoc2.jpg

http://www.languedocguitars.com/guitars/

Woogie, woogie, woogie....

wow - that's a nice looking guitar....<goes and looks at the link>  Holy Crap!  Ten Grand?!?!???!?

Big +1 from me! It's hard for me to believe that Warmoth would have a hard time selling a nice double cut hollow body. Probably the single biggest requested item on this forum!

But, alas, they never seem to respond to any threads requesting one ...Somebody call them? :icon_biggrin:

http://paulrhoney.com/

Looks like he's got quite an operation going. Still, I'd prefer a Warmoth! His stuff does look great though.

mayfly said:

That is a really sweet piece.  It has a lot goin' on and I would love to give one a try!

I have been following the Starcasters for quite awhile on Fleabay. 
One usually comes up every couple months, but they want way too much for them. 
I would like to just fine a body to refinsih and put on a W neck, but the one on this link is nice...
:rock-on:

I have too requested it multiple times in the suggestion box, but I can see that W does not expect too much requests for this.. I think most people think about the horrible Costco starcasters when they hear the name these days... (why did fender have to recycle that name for their very cheapest products ???? :tard:)

mayfly said:

that is brilliant!!!!

Wow, that Rhoney is a piece, huh? Wannawannwannwanna.....

At one point Warmoth said there just wasn't enough demand for a short-scale bass. We bitched, we whined, sniveled, cajoled, whimpered.... now they make short scale basses.

Hmmmm. Gregg? Wyleeeee..... wah, wah, wah. :sad1: :-\ :laughing7: :headbang: :hello2: :blob7:

I'd buy one.  'til then, I guess I will have to come up with new and exciting telecasters.  That is getting harder and harder as I check off most of the options I can think of.  And it is much easier to justify a different shaped guitar to the bookkeepers of my existence than another tele.  I also like the funky shaped headstock.  Not that I don't like the others, but I do like the different ones.
Patrick

The Starcaster, as well as the Ibby Roadster & Gibby Firebird, were the impetus behind the headstock on my seven-string Warmoth:

S6300092.jpg

But I like mine better... it's a great favorite among Brazilians too! :laughing7: Ever wonder where the "G" series bass bodies came from?

S6300091.jpg

Bump.

I want a warmoth starcaster.  I will remind you on a regular basis.

Yours,

Mayfly.

Seriously, it's perfect. A double cutaway, non-carved top, and it's a Fender shape. Isn't that kind of the new-body-shape perfect storm?

At least I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a carved top... If so then how about a flat top AND carved top option?

Back