officially addicted

Mr. E.

So, I finished my first srtat, I'm starting on my buddy's strat build, I have a strat build planned that I have the (unfinished) body for and the pickups ordered, and now I just ordered this:

pt970a.jpg

which I plan on pairing with the goncalo/pau ferro custom neck that Warmoth is building for me. (I'm having the neck pu cavity routed for a humbucker.)

There needs to be a 12-step program. Or a patch - the Warmoth Skin Patch: wear one a day and curb that urge to build!

-erik

I was high on the 'tussin earlier (got a cold) and I nearly called Warmoth up.... it's a good thing I don't drink anymore.  :laughing7:

You don't need those to make an "accidental" call to W. You just need money. Well, at least by the time they ship.

It's a called a platinum card - and they don't mix with alcohol hehehehe :laughing7:

just curious, did they charge you extra for having the neck routed for Humbucker? Also, what does that mean for the finish? Will it just remain unfinished?

I've often thought of doing the same thing on some of the Showcase bodies but never went as far asking

dachtor said:
just curious, did they charge you extra for having the neck routed for Humbucker? Also, what does that mean for the finish? Will it just remain unfinished?

I've often thought of doing the same thing on some of the Showcase bodies but never went as far asking

They will route for humbuckers for free on showcase bodies.  The wood will be unfinished in the rout.

dachtor said:

dbw's right: free routing for pickup configurations, but the wood there is unfinished.

For an additional fee, you can get any routs dyed black, but I gave it a skip, since the routing will (likely) be covered by the pickguard and the pickup itself.

-erik

Back