Ocean Turquoise

Hi new here, and full of questions (but capable of using the search feature for most of them  :glasses10:) I read that Warmoth offers Ocean Turquoise, but for some reason doesn't advertise it anywhere on their website, since the post I read was older I was wondering if it was still available?, and when I order via phone is there anything I'd need to tell the sales person (like a paint order code, or something along those lines) Would I expect special pricing (extra)? Is it a solid color, or metallic like Lake placid blue?
Two more questions if  I order a rosewood neck w/ matching fretboard can i get a maple headstock veneer (not on online builder) and can I get just the veneer finished, or does the whole neck receive finishing?

Ocean Turquoise: Call up and ask
Headstock veneer: probably
Finish: not sure.

Phone them up and ask, they're quite receptive to questions and it's usually easier to get precisely what you want talking person to person.
Email is another option if you're not a United Stater.

Why would you want a Maple headstock veneer on an all-Rosewood neck with a solid finished body? :icon_scratch: ??? :icon_scratch:
That's totally random.

the veneer would be finished vintage tint, because from the front i want a traditional looking strat, although i am thinking of going the matching headstock rout and painting it ocean turquoise, and skipping the veneer but i would like to try the feel of rosewood, or maybe walnut, or whatever.

I think I understand where you're coming from. One of the reasons I don't go for the look of exotic necks is that to me, the plain headstock face just doesn't match that well with a lot of body colours.

I think that there is a strat in the showcase that may be the color you are looking for.  Try PS4962.

If you want to try a raw exotic wood neck but want a more vintage look, try canary. From a distance it looks like maple with a vintage tint. It also happens to sound a lot like maple! (I personally think an all rosewood neck looks awesome, though.)

i called for OT, no luck :( i would definitely own a guitar if it had been possible. it was right as i was getting ready to order. hopefully they'll add it in, i'd need some income for a new project! definitely one of the coolest custom colors.

i heard a rumor that warmoth got so many requests for sherwood green that they put it into regular production. don't know if thats true, but if so i hope ocean turquoise is close behind

lafromla1 said:
I think that there is a strat in the showcase that may be the color you are looking for.  Try PS4962.
i'm a lefty :sad: and ocean turquoise is a solid color but that is a really sweet top!
bob7point7 said:
If you want to try a raw exotic wood neck but want a more vintage look, try canary. From a distance it looks like maple with a vintage tint. It also happens to sound a lot like maple! (I personally think an all rosewood neck looks awesome, though.)
hmmmmmm, i see what you mean about canary looks... hows it feel?
JaySwear said:
i called for OT, no luck :( i would definitely own a guitar if it had been possible. it was right as i was getting ready to order. hopefully they'll add it in, i'd need some income for a new project! definitely one of the coolest custom colors.
NOOOOOOOO! :sad: I sent c.s. an email still awaiting a reply.

i heard a rumor that warmoth got so many requests for sherwood green that they put it into regular production. don't know if thats true, but if so i hope ocean turquoise is close behind

ps4962A.jpg

ps4962C.jpg

G.A.S.  :glasses9:

If I was a righty; something like that would have been in my arsenal long ago! Maybe I should switch gears, I already have (had) alot of nice strats... darn thread hijackers  :glasses10:

shorteronvenus said:
bob7point7 said:
hmmmmmm, i see what you mean about canary looks... hows it feel
I have 2 canary necks and they both have a great feel. It has a very "linear" texture and feels less sticky than my rosewood neck. Of the necks I've tried so far, the feel is second only to raw wenge. I recommend pairing it with a pau ferro fretboard.  :icon_thumright:

Maybe it's the lacquer fumes but not only do I see faces in that one but entire animals with wings and on bikes and... geez, I need to put new filters on my respirator maybe...

DesmoDog said:
Maybe it's the lacquer fumes but not only do I see faces in that one but entire animals with wings and on bikes and... geez, I need to put new filters on my respirator maybe...

Perfect for playing Grateful Dead music.....

Back