Nylon Telecaster

AutoBat said:
I think it's one of the few guitars that I like the back more than the front.
That was my first thought too. I saw the back and said "Awesome!" and saw the front and thought "That must be a pic of it unfinished."

Okay, let us know when you've learned this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbknuGTmz0M&feature=BFa&list=PLC2C22B2EDF4545E3&lf=mh_lolz

Looking really good!  I can feel the GAS getting worse...

Thanks for the comments everyone! Yeah, the Birdseye does look pretty plain Jane in comparison, but it looks a lot nicer up close.

@hannaugh - I never thought I'd see a classical guitar and a wahwah pedal used together, but that's really inspiring! :guitarplayer2:

Thanks guys!
Here's to ya!
killians.jpg
:eek:ccasion14:

Make a video so we can hear!

I want an acoustic guitar some day, but this might be a lot cooler to make a similar like this! Of course, I will have Floyd Rose on it  :toothy12: just kidding.

We want sound clips! CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!

Sorry, haven't had a change to record any clips, but it sounds just like a standard nylon string acoustic, only louder.
I love the Graphtech Ghost saddles. They provide really good fidelity of the original acoustic sound with no quack or filtering.  :icon_thumright:

Here's a video I shot and did the music track for using my nylon strat.
No amp and no amp sim. straight into the sound card and then into Cakewalk Sonar with a bit of reverb and maybe a tiny bit of compression.
Played with fingers skin no finger nails no pick.

https://vimeo.com/68400626

The only big down side to this guitar is the (doh!) nylon strings are a real pain to get settled into place where they stay in tune. They can't be stretched in quickly like electric strings. The high ones are easy to break if I stretch them to hard.
Also I had one really expensive set of Sacarez stretch over the saddles, the G, B, hi E and start quacking really bad. It only took a few weeks for that to happen.
It's also a pain to tie the ball ends on and if not done right they break loose.
The sets that come with ball ends that I've tried, Ernie Ball, the ends pop off in a day or 2 and I had to tie brass ones on, let overs from old electric sets.

Of course the real positive perk is that it sounds great direct into the sound card ... no need to use a mic on an acoustic body, but I had no idea how much a pain in the @SS nylon strings could be.

I'm really tempted to have my luthier replace the nut with one cut for Ernie Ball 9s ... electric strings ...
and then tell him to not glue it in, and also make an other nut cut for nylon strings so I can see if I like it better strung with steel, but have the option to go back and forth if I want.

I agree that the Graphtec saddle pickups are spectacular.
My next electric strat will have them installed along with 2 humbuckers.

Thanks bagman.

Now all I need do is find the time to get a few challenging pieces under my belt and recorded.

Oh, look! Sitting ducks! Where's my Remington?

Nice background music, by the way.

Thanks Cagey.

Yea. Those geese also... dang! They're like Thanksgiving turkey sized.
I got lucky going down to the lake that morning.

Steve_Karl said:
Yea. Those geese also... dang! They're like Thanksgiving turkey sized.

Those Giant Canada Geese are a real pain in the ass here in southern Michigan. Messy, aggressive, noisy bastards. Everybody hates them. They do get big - up to 14lbs. But, you're only allowed to hunt them during some pretty short seasons, and only in certain areas where they're actually not as much of a problem. In the urban areas, where they are a problem, there's not much you can do. Although, if you buy an accurate high-power pellet gun that doesn't make a lotta noise, a lot of them will mysteriously die. Nobody knows why.

Back