Now I know why my tone will never be right....

GoDrex

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRUE-BLUESBREAKER-PINSTRIPE-Cloth-MARSHALL-JTM-Amp-Cab_W0QQitemZ200303887272QQihZ010QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SuperLizard, you better buy up this stuff.

btw - I dare anyone to read that entire thing. :laughing7:

but this “HOLY GRAIL” Grill Cloth is irrefutably the source of that unpredictable BARK, BITE, GRUNT & GROWL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

:laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing11: :laughing3:

AWESOME!!!!!!!! The BEST BS claim I've EVER heard!  Perfect.

THE TOUCH:  Because the air is being forced into a tighter sonic space, pressurized dampening causes a slowing of “cone reaction speed.” This creates a subtle breathing effect as resistance builds with hard/ fast playing and releases as you relax the speed or attack of your phrase. THE AIR PRESSURE IS CONTINUOSLY CHANGING AS EACH NOTE DECAYS!

:eek: :doh: :eek: :doh: :eek: :doh: :eek: :doh: :eek: :doh: :eek: :doh: :eek: :doh: :eek:

This is a new low in gear marketing BS.  I'm truly in awe.  Almost five hundred bucks for a bit of grill cloth?  Are you high?  And $20 shipping?  Do you ship it in a lead box?  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Jesus H tapdancing Christ, sometimes people disgust me...

Unless this is all a joke.  In which case, good one.  But it doesn't have that smell to me...

tfarny said:
AWESOME!!!!!!!! The BEST BS claim I've EVER heard!  Perfect.

THE TOUCH:  Because the air is being forced into a tighter sonic space, pressurized dampening causes a slowing of “cone reaction speed.” This creates a subtle breathing effect as resistance builds with hard/ fast playing and releases as you relax the speed or attack of your phrase. THE AIR PRESSURE IS CONTINUOSLY CHANGING AS EACH NOTE DECAYS!

Wow! +1, best BS claim EVER.

On a serious note, i am assuming that this is some kind of prank ad and not for real, correct?

Hey look, maybe it's true - the reason I can't play 'Beano' note-for-note is because I don't have the right grill cloth!!  And here I always thought it was me skillz!

Oh this cracked me up twice.

To be fair the choice of grill cloth could have a very small effect on the way air flows away from the speaker, however it will not change the tone of a guitar.

Still what a rip off, if anyone buys that they should probably be locked up in a nice padded cell preferably next to the idiot selling it.

LOL

Well, there's a bit of truth with the Bluesbreaker cloth; back when Marshall first reissued the BB (a combo amp), the cloth they used for
the cab was incorrect (along with many other things including the actual circuit).  Apparently Marshall ran out of the real stuff long ago.

Since then, those who were fortunate enough (or had the hindsight) to have rolls of this particular original cloth have been making a mint.

The other piece of truth is that it does effect the tone; some of the Marshall cloth ("basketweave" for ex) over the speakers was very heavy and thus diffused the highs to a degree.

It's not much different really than taking a "naked" speaker and draping a towel over it and playing, although this would be exaggerated no doubt with a thick towel.

But as far as "holy grail" tone goes, definite BS.

http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/products.asp?id=44986, bluesbreaker grill cloth for $35 a yard.

Edit: I'm not saying grill cloth doesn't affect tone.  I'm just saying you're a retard if you pay $500 for it.  The $35 stuff is close enough, and the $500 stuff is NOT gonna make you sound like Hendrix.

dbw said:
http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/products.asp?id=44986, bluesbreaker grill cloth for $35 a yard.

Edit: I'm not saying grill cloth doesn't affect tone.  I'm just saying you're a retard if you pay $500 for it.  The $35 stuff is close enough, and the $500 stuff is NOT gonna make you sound like Hendrix.

agreed - I have NO IDEA what this special grill cloth does or did back in the 60's. And I'm going to guess that I never will.

Let's all be realistic, though...

...if you were a multi-millionaire, it would be worth spending a few bucks over just to SEE...right?

Of course, I would also buy that car made of foam, prototype jet packs, and who knows what else...

GoDrex said:
I have NO IDEA what this special grill cloth does or did back in the 60's.

It introduces more 2nd-order harmonics along with sympathetic vibrations in the tone.  As well, if you connect a .022uF tantalum (it must be tantalum) cap between a white strand and a black strand in the cloth, you can of course adjust the amount of hi-end which passes through the cloth.  This was one of Clapton's secret "tone tricks" shown to him by his guitar tech back in the day when the 1st Monsters of Rock concert happened back in '58; right after Woodstock.

*cough*

Superlizard said:
GoDrex said:
I have NO IDEA what this special grill cloth does or did back in the 60's.

It introduces more 2nd-order harmonics along with sympathetic vibrations in the tone.  As well, if you connect a .022uF tantalum (it must be tantalum) cap between a white strand and a black strand in the cloth, you can of course adjust the amount of hi-end which passes through the cloth.  This was one of Clapton's secret "tone tricks" shown to him by his guitar tech back in the day when the 1st Monsters of Rock concert happened back in '58; right after Woodstock.

*cough*

:toothy12:

Back