No. 4

KOABUILD

Warmoth: Roasted Alder KOA top Tele Body
Callaham: Stainless Steel: String Ferrules, Control Plate, Strap Buttons, Neck Plate and Brass early 50's Broadcaster Tele Dome Knobs
Seymour Duncan: Direct mount to body, TB-5 Duncan Custom Trembucker Ceramic Bridge pickup 14.8k; SH-18n Whole Lotta Humbucker Alnico 5 Neck pickup 8.2k, both pickups can be split to single coils together or seperately through the CTS push pull Volume and Tone controls.
Hipshot:  IBBY High Mass Bridge shaped custom.
Fender:  American Standard Steel Offset Bridge Saddles.
Stainless Steel Threaded Inserts and Machine Screws couple both the Neck and the Bridge to the body for Massive sustain.
Warmoth: Roasted Maple, Vintage Modern, Tele "Boat" Neck shaved custom with Rosewood fretboard and SS6105-Stainless Steel Frets.
Graphtech: Black Tusq XL Earvana Compensated Nut, and String Tree
Gotoh:  21:1 ratio Antique Chrome Delta locking tuners

Build thread details: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=29864.0

xi3PubA.jpg

qPi7WP1.jpg

RSPYxt4.jpg

nW8tnpx.jpg

6W0GqSc.jpg

m2XG26Y.jpg

WvqoyA5.jpg

HNcrYoS.jpg

4wnMZR5.jpg

rHIrxTj.jpg

uT1AsH2.jpg

0nfq1cH.jpg

EYFy3hG.jpg

hTANxBm.jpg

FGn7dgr.jpg

335iu1l.jpg

LI41mHr.jpg

nvtE45h.jpg

HFuhAwg.jpg

WGfOuou.jpg

Ye80Snd.jpg

5sVsJ7s.jpg

39cFDRe.jpg

2nI9MZg.jpg

fVRyOUF.jpg

dlTeB9K.jpg

1LFytoN.jpg

ufW70pp.jpg

MLgJ3fI.jpg

erC8Li1.jpg

gYP7VRS.jpg

MmsabhK.jpg

vfGnTQt.jpg

BLqTiKA.jpg

EwYyyFa.jpg

yrqJZ4b.jpg

4MrFtgp.jpg

ziF7Xge.jpg

Beautiful. The only thing it's missing is a Drivers License carved into it somewhere. Looks like some lovely antique furniture.

swarfrat said:
Beautiful. The only thing it's missing is a Drivers License carved into it somewhere. Looks like some lovely antique furniture.

Yeah we have a running joke at the house, when I start talking about building a guitar the standard question is always, are you going to build another table guitar.... :laughing7: 

That answer would be a...... Yup!    :laughing7:

Stunning. I'd have put a barrel knob on there instead of the top hat, but that's just me and my OCD.

Thank you gentlemen, its always an honor to post pics at Warmoth, my favorite site next to Amazon...lol

I dont get to build as many guitars as I would like, but Im happy with the way this one kinda of developed on its own, into an ordinary everyday tool, it reminds me of those old hammers you would find around the farmhouse, big and heavy with dirty steel and a thick, worn, hardwood handle.

I always make a little design plan before I start my creations because I like to bounce around different ideas and parts options and kind of get in the ballpark toward building a fairly nice, uniform looking guitar, but this broken in, worn style is my favorite so far, so I plan on further experimenting with a similar plan to build a Strat to match this Tele.
Thank you Warmoth.

I think that's what makes this one of my all time favorites - how with all the attention to detail that's in there it still manages to capture the essence of that hammer. I look forward to that Strat coming together.

ByteFrenzy said:
I think that's what makes this one of my all time favorites - how with all the attention to detail that's in there it still manages to capture the essence of that hammer. I look forward to that Strat coming together.

Its Hammer time...lol
fVRyOUF.jpg

FGn7dgr.jpg

335iu1l.jpg

0nfq1cH.jpg

Ye80Snd.jpg

I like this one so much it's tempting to take my tele build in a different direction, but I guess we're staying with Black & Tort. I can always strip it and do this if it doesn't work out. My mom is the queen of shoe polish finished wood. Maybe it reminds me of her.

This really came out good. It has both warmth and solidity to it. Very nice work.

I mean it with the utmost respect and admiration when I say that this guitar looks like an old baseball glove. 

:eek:ccasion14:

Zebra said:
I mean it with the utmost respect and admiration when I say that this guitar looks like an old baseball glove. 

:eek:ccasion14:

Why Thank you, Im honored... :laughing7:

Back