Night Shifting on Daylight Savings Time fall-back day...

cursing that hour of daylight this morning - my commute to work is pretty much due east. I'd been going in before dark until today.

Rgand said:
...And in the Fall, you only get an extra hour's sleep if you don't have a dog....  :laughing11:
Or a cat. Mine gets fed at 0500 every day. Sunday, he was standing on my wife's chest, smacking her in the head, at 0400. Takes about 2 weeks of moving things back 5 minutes each day until he's back to normal.  :toothy12:

This whole time change thing is severely horking with my swag. Since I work somewhat nights but not quite what folks'd call "night shift", my hibernation periods are askew from general society. i went into Guitar Center today and i could SWEAR (swornly) that there was a dead guy behind the counter. he had a name tag that said "dead" on his GC polo and i could see his teeth rotting. I felt sick and had to leave because I hate dead people and zombie movies are my least favorite movie genre after Hallmark holiday movies, black comedies, and black comedies (the other kind).

but when I went to leave the sliding doors wouldn't slide open and another employee put his hand on my shoulder and said "hey can i help you?". I told him i just wanted to buy some strings but the dead guy at the counter wouldn't ring me up, and he was like "gary's not dead, that's a halloween costume" and I was like "but it's November" and he said "i know, funny right?" and I said "no" and then he laughed and i said "can you open the door?" and he said "maybe" but then it opened anyway and I left and got some comfort food (Five Guys).

it was really stressful and i don't think i'll go back to that location. but it's okay, there are two other GC's in the greater St Louis area but the other thing is that the whole thing might have been one of those sleep-visions. not quite a dream, not quite a nitemare, so like a #sleepmare.

I might email the GC manager anyway to let them know in case it was real. i just want to buy guitar strings and not look at dead people and I think we can all relate to that.

Axkoa said:
AirCap said:
Some local knucklehead used to complain to the TV stations that DSL made the day longer and he had to mow his yard more often..... We're talking DENSE.

One of the major reasons why my state never did it was because people complained their cows would "be confused" with the milking, and that they would need to change their curtains more often.

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/dlsinqld This is actually a pretty funny summary.

Wait, that argument was real? I thought it was just something the rest of us made up to laugh at Queenslanders.

Anyway I think WA has joined you as one of the freak states now so at least you're not alone.  :icon_tongue:

Nope, if you waited for a school bus in the  oil crises years you’d remember.  Google is your friend,  Apology accepted.

Nope, if you waited for a school bus in the  oil crises years you’d remember.  Google is your friend,  Apology accepted.

Didn't happen in Kansas, bro. Google has never been anyone's friend. And no apology is forthcoming, nor deserved.

Back