NGD: New car

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
I like the 350Z.... :eek:
2007-Strosek-Nissan-350Z-Front-And-.jpg

Interesting you should say that.  My previous daily driver was a 2004 350Z Track.  I loved that car, but I'm "learning" to cope with my GT-R that I traded it in for.  If anyone wants to know the specs, it has a 3.8l V6, twin turbo, 480 hp.  0-60 in 3.2 seconds.  IIRC, quarter mile in 11.7 seconds.  This is a 2009 model.  The wheels are 20" and the brake rotors are 15" cross drilled with Brembo calipers, 6 piston front and 4 piston rear.    

I work in a group of five surgeons.  Two of my senior partners have pricier cars:  2009 Porsche Turbo and a 2008 Corvette ZO6.  I have to walk the political line very closely.    :icon_biggrin:  I haven't told them that the GT-R beats their cars.  If they don't already know, they're living in denial.   :icon_biggrin:
Better take another look..... :icon_biggrin:

The Vette has 505hp and does 0-60 in 3.4, 11.5 in the 1/4 mi and a top speed of 198....And the Z06 weighs 3132, the GT-R weighs 3836...

Don't get me wrong buddy, it's a bad ass car, no doubt. And plenty more abundant than the Z06 is, and Edmunds.com says besides the Vette, nothing else compares to the GT-R .... :headbang1:

DangerousR6 said:
Don't get me wrong buddy, it's a bad ass car, no doubt. And plenty more abundant than the Z06 is, and Edmunds.com says besides the Vette, nothing else compares to the GT-R .... :headbang1:

You are correct on the quarter mile, but...http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=6594  :icon_biggrin:

Might I suggest a real car instead of the typical modern porsche/ferrari wannabe rice-burner?

They haven't done cars right since the 70's oil crisis.

Pure mojo:

2770950532_8814f32055.jpg
  :glasses9:

GoDrex said:
SL makes me want to dislike everything I like. :laughing7:

I hear ya, and I too like the 70's muscle cars.

But just being a Japanese car doesn't make it "rice."  Rice, in my mind, is taking a Honda Civic, putting on an exhaust that makes it sound like a fart generator, then putting on a big spoiler.  To those who care, this is a well-made car that has exceeded my every expectation.  My wife drives a BMW 335i.  Fit and finish is just as good.  I smile driving into work each day.  :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:

But just being a Japanese car doesn't make it "rice."  Rice, in my mind, is taking a Honda Civic, putting on an exhaust that makes it sound like a fart generator, then putting on a big spoiler.  To those who care, this is a well-made car that has exceeded my every expectation.  My wife drives a BMW 335i.  Fit and finish is just as good.  I smile driving into work each day.   :icon_biggrin:
Unfortunately Brent in the eyes of American Muscle car buffs, you are driving a "Rice Burner" albeit a well built "Rice Burner.".....Not your fault and I understand your view, as I ride my R6 past any knucklehead Harley rider, I too am looked down  upon as riding a "Rice Burner." And too a well built Rice burner, even as I pass these morons while they are broken down on the side of the road..... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:

But just being a Japanese car doesn't make it "rice."  Rice, in my mind, is taking a Honda Civic, putting on an exhaust that makes it sound like a fart generator, then putting on a big spoiler.  To those who care, this is a well-made car that has exceeded my every expectation.  My wife drives a BMW 335i.  Fit and finish is just as good.  I smile driving into work each day.   :icon_biggrin:
Unfortunately Brent in the eyes of American Muscle car buffs, you are driving a "Rice Burner" albeit a well built "Rice Burner.".....Not your fault and I understand your view, as I ride my R6 past any knucklehead Harley rider, I too am looked down  upon as riding a "Rice Burner." And too a well built Rice burner, even as I pass these morons while they are broken down on the side of the road..... :dontknow:

Or as you pass them at full throttle.  Hey, I'm not a Nissan "fanboi."  I look for the best car for the money.  When I got my 350Z, it compared favorably with the Porsche Boxter.  When I got this car, it compared favorably with the Porsche Turbo.  I saved big time bucks each time, and got a car that "meets or beats," so they say.  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:

Or as you pass them at full throttle.  Hey, I'm not a Nissan "fanboi."  I look for the best car for the money.  When I got my 350Z, it compared favorably with the Porsche Boxter.  When I got this car, it compared favorably with the Porsche Turbo.  I saved big time bucks each time, and got a car that "meets or beats," so they say.   :icon_thumright:
So true, I do like Porsche's always have. mostly because I'm a old VW nut, but i hear ya, I'd have took the Z over an overpriced Boxster too.... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:

Or as you pass them at full throttle.  Hey, I'm not a Nissan "fanboi."  I look for the best car for the money.  When I got my 350Z, it compared favorably with the Porsche Boxter.  When I got this car, it compared favorably with the Porsche Turbo.  I saved big time bucks each time, and got a car that "meets or beats," so they say.   :icon_thumright:
So true, I do like Porsche's always have. mostly because I'm a old VW nut, but i hear ya, I'd have took the Z over an overpriced Boxster too.... :icon_thumright:

plus one to the Z. my dad works at an auto auction and thats when i first saw the monster that is the GTR. his company got one and he got to sell it (meaning he could drive it in the lot, albeit a HUGE lot.) we have a ferrari 308gtsi and he says that if it wasnt a ferrari (hes a ferrari fanboy) he would sell it in a heart beat for the GTR.

smavridis said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:

plus one to the Z. my dad works at an auto auction and thats when i first saw the monster that is the GTR. his company got one and he got to sell it (meaning he could drive it in the lot, albeit a HUGE lot.) we have a ferrari 308gtsi and he says that if it wasnt a ferrari (hes a ferrari fanboy) he would sell it in a heart beat for the GTR.
Ooooooohhhhh, I loved the 308's, was a big Magnum PI fan back when I was a kid.....Also the 512, kinda similar to the 308....

Superlizard said:
Might I suggest a real car instead of the typical modern porsche/ferrari wannabe rice-burner?

They haven't done cars right since the 70's oil crisis.

Pure mojo:

Pure Awesome. [img]   :glasses9:
[/quote]
My dad had one of those.

[SIZE=9px]Now he doesn't  :sad: [/SIZE]

DangerousR6 said:
smavridis said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:

Ooooooohhhhh, I loved the 308's, was a big Magnum PI fan back when I was a kid.....Also the 512, kinda similar to the 308....

so was my dad  :laughing7: but its just a 308 on the outside, he's currently remodeling the interior and updated the engine with a new computer and spark plugs. he races, thats why.

Here's my "sports car" of sorts. Not as bad ass as the Corvette or a GT-R, but still a sports car. It's a 1998 Camaro RS , only thing special about it is the gold color. Only 1300 of them made in '98, and I think like 200 or so in '99. I've only seen 3 of them, mine and ironically enough a lady down the road from me has one(Z28), and one in P. A. last year.
MyCamaro.jpg

A Camaro beats mine hands down.  The closest thing I had to a sports car was a 1997 Maxima.

Blue313 said:
A Camaro beats mine hands down.  The closest thing I had to a sports car was a 1997 Maxima.
This will probably blow your mind, but i only paid $20 for that Camaro in '04, it had like 44,000 miles on it... :icon_biggrin:

Back