Next phase

MKFAN

Hey all. Thanks to all of you for the help and advice, and the education...
I've officially placed my first warmoth order and I cannot wait for the pieces to get here.
Know that many pics and a detailed description will be coming.
Next step is pickups.
I'm going S-S-H and I think I'm set on Vintage Hots for the single coils... was leaning towards Blues Specials but I think with the Mahogany body, the Hots might ring more true than the slightly warmer Blues pickups.
Am I right?
Also, looking for a nice, warm, bluesy, HB for the bridge... Gibson '57 plus, Duncan '59, Fralin PAF, PRS Dragon???
Suggestions from the wise counsel?

MKFAN said:
Hey all. Thanks to all of you for the help and advice, and the education...
I've officially placed my first warmoth order and I cannot wait for the pieces to get here.
Know that many pics and a detailed description will be coming.
Next step is pickups.
I'm going S-S-H and I think I'm set on Vintage Hots for the single coils... was leaning towards Blues Specials but I think with the Mahogany body, the Hots might ring more true than the slightly warmer Blues pickups.
Am I right?
Also, looking for a nice, warm, bluesy, HB for the bridge... Gibson '57 plus, Duncan '59, Fralin PAF, PRS Dragon???
Suggestions from the wise counsel?

Do you wanna know an underated pickup that a pal of mine had a guitar that sounded the dogs bollocks? (thats means really good in England)

Dimarzio PAF classic. Fcking amazing PU, I need to get my hands on a SH one for a future pickup.

Back