News for Jaguar, Mustang and Jagstang fans

simple

Staff member
Did you know that a Warmoth Warhead 24 fret, 24 3/4" scale neck fits and intonates on a standard 24" scale Jaguar, Mustang or Jagstang body? It converts the build to 24 3/4" scale with more frets to play with.  :headbang:

That's good to know Gregg, thanx!

Q: Does the bridge stay where it is, and how far do the saddles have to move to get proper intonation for the 24.75" scale?

OzziePete said:
That's good to know Gregg, thanx!

Q: Does the bridge stay where it is, and how far do the saddles have to move to get proper intonation for the 24.75" scale?
Yes, the bridge does stay where it is and the saddles do move a bit but still have good travel left to and fro. I'll drum you up a picture in the morning.

Hey guys, that's really cool.  I was going the other way with it, though, and wanted to put a Mustang neck on a 7/8 body... only thing is, I already have plenty of Strats (don't care for Teles -- sorry)  and I wanted to do a custom shaped body.  I called Warmoth and asked if I could get a body blank with the 7/8 routs (rear).  I was told to shoot an email to sales@warmoth, but so far have not gotten a reply.  Do you guys know of anyone who has gotten a body blank with 7/8 routs?

Yes a Fender Mustang or Jag neck will work on a 7/8 Warmoth body. Gregg will have some pictures soon.

Sean

Here's a 1963 Fender Mustang neck (24" scale) on 7/8 S body. Then below that is a standard 24" scale Mustang body with a Warhead neck (24 3/4" scale) on it. Both great playing instruments!

Back