New video: Can my guitars withstand the HUMIDITY?

haha...oh man....CA's have already found MT big time! Arizona, Colorado, and Utah too.

My sister lives in Logan UT, and says her town has doubled in size over the last ten years. St. George has too.

They even sell shirts down there that say "Don't California my Utah!"

Sounds like that Zappa song had an influence. I honestly have no idea who is moving where in the US. :)

I have to say it sounds like a good move you have made.

I've spent most of my life in the South, but lived in the PNW (Vancouver), So. Cal. and the Southwest as well. While I admit the South is more humid that the PNW in the Summer time, it flips massively in the winter.
  • Relative humidity in the Seattle area is 80% in Winter, 65% in Summer
  • Relative humidity in Jacksonville, Fla. is 65% in Winter, 80% in Summer
Sure, temps are hotter in Southern Ga. but, take the heat out of it, it's really just a 6-month swap.

That said, you won't be spraying any more guitar bodies in the summertime. I spray in Spring and late Autumn and that's about it.

@The Aaron - welcome to the south!

I left the north east for Florida 17 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long....). I know what you all mean about your home states/areas changing.
My old stomping grounds had bumper stickers saying " move out of New York state, before its too late" everywhere. Lol.

I didn't know what I was missing until I did. Now, I am glad I did. There is nothing back there that I miss enough to worry about.

The last time I went there (note I didn't say "home"?) was 2013 to repair some Tropical storm sandy damage for a friend. That was all I needed for closure. It was such a reinforcement that I made the right decision years ago. I really couldn't wait to get out of there, and back home in Florida.

Best move ever,IMO.

Nicer people, comparitively relaxed pace, better weather, better quality of life, etc.

It 90°/95% here for 6 months and gorgeous the rest of the year. There is a/c everywhere except outside. Lol.
My house is a constant 55 to 60% humidity, and my guitars are fairly stable and happy. My warmoth modern necks don't move at all! Which is one of the reasons I like them so much.

Glad you found a slice of the paradise pie.

The south will change you.
Sweet tea
Fried chicken
BBQ
mayonnaise
Pies
2 seasons of clothes (summer and not summer)

Yep.

How will you ever get by NOT being able to walk around the factory and seeing all those cool ideas and projects being made?

@The Aaron - welcome to the south!

I left the north east for Florida 17 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long....). I know what you all mean about your home states/areas changing.
My old stomping grounds had bumper stickers saying " move out of New York state, before its too late" everywhere. Lol.

I didn't know what I was missing until I did. Now, I am glad I did. There is nothing back there that I miss enough to worry about.

The last time I went there (note I didn't say "home"?) was 2013 to repair some Tropical storm sandy damage for a friend. That was all I needed for closure. It was such a reinforcement that I made the right decision years ago. I really couldn't wait to get out of there, and back home in Florida.

Best move ever,IMO.

Nicer people, comparitively relaxed pace, better weather, better quality of life, etc.

It 90°/95% here for 6 months and gorgeous the rest of the year. There is a/c everywhere except outside. Lol.
My house is a constant 55 to 60% humidity, and my guitars are fairly stable and happy. My warmoth modern necks don't move at all! Which is one of the reasons I like them so much.

Glad you found a slice of the paradise pie.

The south will change you.
Sweet tea
Fried chicken
BBQ
mayonnaise
Pies
2 seasons of clothes (summer and not summer)

Yep.

How will you ever get by NOT being able to walk around the factory and seeing all those cool ideas and projects being made?

Northeast FL? Anywhere close to Tallahassee?

Ya, I feel much the same as you. It's only been a short time, but I'm loving it so far.

Northeast FL? Anywhere close to Tallahassee?

Ya, I feel much the same as you. It's only been a short time, but I'm loving it so far.
Central West coast. North of Tampa. The nature coast area.

I build homes for a decently large home builder, and one of my buyers moved down from NY and was shocked by strangers saying hi. He was ready to fight! He's used to it now, but it IS a bit disconcerting at first

Last edited:
CA's have already found MT big time! Arizona, Colorado, and Utah too.
You know “Seattleites” are the new “Californians” in terms of taking over the country, right? 😄😉

seriously good luck and enjoy the move! Im originally from Ohio, now in Seattle, and right now visiting family in NE Alabama, very close to the Georgia border. It really is beautiful country. I don’t think I could survive summers in the humidity out here again, but that’s just me. Got a little while left in Seattle anyhow!

You know “Seattleites” are the new “Californians” in terms of taking over the country, right? 😄😉

seriously good luck and enjoy the move! Im originally from Ohio, now in Seattle, and right now visiting family in NE Alabama, very close to the Georgia border. It really is beautiful country. I don’t think I could survive summers in the humidity out here again, but that’s just me. Got a little while left in Seattle anyhow!

Guilty.

What I got out here for what I had back there made it impossible not to take the trade.

Just thinking about the weather down there ... my experience with the Gulf Coast is that from October 1 to May 15, the weather is delightful. And then July and August are mighty sticky.

Just thinking about the weather down there ... my experience with the Gulf Coast is that from October 1 to May 15, the weather is delightful. And then July and August are mighty sticky.

Yep. November is great. Sunny and 70.

I live in Colorado and hate it. 'Been here over 47 years, and am stuck here for a while longer. 'Too high, too dry, too cold (not to mention all the Californians moving here). I like Florida but don't think I can deal with hurricanes. Wondering about Tennessee. I've never even been to the "south".

Back