New video: Can my guitars withstand the HUMIDITY?

I'll talk to the elephant...

So Aa-ron! why'd ya move to Georgia and who's minding the shop back at the big W?

I'll talk to the elephant...

So Aa-ron! why'd ya move to Georgia and who's minding the shop back at the big W?

Family, country living, and the chance to get some dirt cheap real estate in a place Californians haven't found yet.

I'll continue to work for Warmoth remotely.

The real question is can YOU!???

I'm not coming here sight-unseen. My daughter has lived here for a while and I've visited many times. Never spent a full summer though. We'll see how it goes.

I'll be able to chill while pulling small-mouth-bass out of my pond, under my 300 year-old oak tree.

And at night I can see the Milky Way.

I'm not coming here sight-unseen. My daughter has lived here for a while and I've visited many times. Never spent a full summer though. We'll see how it goes.

I'll be able to chill while pulling small-mouth-bass out of my pond, under my 300 year-old oak tree.

And at night I can see the Milky Way.
Well isn't that a fine how do you do?!! I was born in Seattle and I want out too and you didn't think to take me along. I like fishing too ya know :(

Well isn't that a fine how do you do?!! I was born in Seattle and I want out too and you didn't think to take me along. I like fishing too ya know :(

I will tell you: I never thought in a million years I would be living in Georgia. 2022 has been the most difficult year of my life. My wife and I have been to hell and back in a number of ways throughout this process. BUT...we are here now, and every day we look around in amazement!

We are so glad to have left behind all the things our beloved home state had become, and come to a place where it is quiet and dark at night, and the only traffic jam you ever have to sit in is following a tractor.

I will tell you: I never thought in a million years I would be living in Georgia. 2022 has been the most difficult year of my life. My wife and I have been to hell and back in a number of ways throughout this process. BUT...we are here now, and every day we look around in amazement!

We are so glad to have left behind all the things our beloved home state had become, and come to a place where it is quiet and dark at night, and the only traffic jam you ever have to sit in is following a tractor.
Good for you ! I am envious. Currently looking in Eastern Wa. Never could I take humidity. I wanna see the stars and the elves you know...

We are trapped, cannot get out they are coming........

Last edited by a moderator:
Whereabouts in S GA? I used to play amount in S GA (Tifton area) back in the early 80s.

I moved this past Jan from FL (where the humidity is higher and the cockroaches even larger) to S IN.

The reliefs on my necks went haywire. Had to get a humidifier for the music room as the hydrometer was showing 15-20%. My instruments were use to 50-65%.

The elephant in the room being your move to Georgia. Maybe “elephant in the room” is only a Midwest saying. You’ve answered it now but it just seemed like “Hey guys, here is how a guitar goes out of tune when in high humidity. Oh, and by the way, I am in Georgia now. Okthanksbuhbye.” Just came as a surprise, that’s all. Hope you enjoy the south and enjoy the milder winters. Can’t even imagine going through winter in Washington state. Look forward to seeing the new studio. Congrats!

😁😲;)

Last edited:
Whereabouts in S GA? I used to play amount in S GA (Tifton area) back in the early 80s.

I moved this past Jan from FL (where the humidity is higher and the cockroaches even larger) to S IN.

The reliefs on my necks went haywire. Had to get a humidifier for the music room as the hydrometer was showing 15-20%. My instruments were use to 50-65%.
Wolfe's Guitars Jupiter

I moved out of nyc, mind you I was born and raised there, love the place, and moved out after finding that a shoe box of an apartment cost 600k. That was 20 years ago. My wife adapted. You'll miss Puyallup just like I miss Brooklyn especially the people ... But you forge a new life with new friends ... I bet you get to play some country music ... yah hoooooo!!!!!!

I moved out of nyc, mind you I was born and raised there, love the place, and moved out after finding that a shoe box of an apartment cost 600k. That was 20 years ago. My wife adapted. You'll miss Puyallup just like I miss Brooklyn especially the people ... But you forge a new life with new friends ... I bet you get to play some country music ... yah hoooooo!!!!!!
Guess what Rick? Aaron said he is going to start using a "Hootenanny strap" from now on! AND he mentioned something about playing soon at a "kegger in the field" ?!!:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back