New video: Can my guitars withstand the HUMIDITY?

Welcome to the east coast, Aaron! I can tell what the humidity is in my house by the tune of my guitars: sharp=more humid. My Fenders and Squiers are worse than my Warmoths, which have double truss rods, and as you demonstrated, de-tune less with temperature and humidity changes. They also haven't needed any relief adjustments with the changes of seasons and humidity, but the single truss rod necks normally do.

Family, country living, and the chance to get some dirt cheap real estate in a place Californians haven't found yet.

I'll continue to work for Warmoth remotely.

Just want to point out that just because they are moving from California doesn't mean they are Californians. Most techies move to CA, stay about 5 years to let their stocks vest and house appreciate before moving out of state with big, all-cash offers for real estate.

Just want to point out that just because they are moving from California doesn't mean they are Californians. Most techies move to CA, stay about 5 years to let their stocks vest and house appreciate before moving out of state with big, all-cash offers for real estate.
Yup! A lot are ex-pat Canadian tech types that settle down near Seattle (because Vancouver is just too expensive don'tchaknow...) :)

That's the thing, it seems like Californians are leaving California, I've even met them in NY but they don't seem to hang around. NY is an out bound state, most, seems to me, heading for Florida. Probably a bunch heading for Georgia.

That's the thing, it seems like Californians are leaving California, I've even met them in NY but they don't seem to hang around. NY is an out bound state, most, seems to me, heading for Florida. Probably a bunch heading for Georgia.
They are indeed, they are all around us..........spooky

Not sure if I should take offense or praise.
I lived in NW Montana for a while (and during winter).
Throw a rock south and it landed in Glacier Park. Throw a rock north and it landed in Canada.

Not sure if I should take offense or praise.
I lived in NW Montana for a while (and during winter).
Throw a rock south and it landed in Glacier Park. Throw a rock north and it landed in Canada.
So that's where that rock came from!

Yep, totally. Southern GA is basically northern FL, but CA's don't know about this place yet, and least not en masse.

Hopefully I'm ahead of the California curve, and over the next decade their influx here will expand my micro-empire into a lucrative retirement.

That's my plan, anyway. :)

Somehow it reminds me of moving to Montana soon to be a dental floss tycoon.

haha...oh man....CA's have already found MT big time! Arizona, Colorado, and Utah too.

My sister lives in Logan UT, and says her town has doubled in size over the last ten years. St. George has too.

They even sell shirts down there that say "Don't California my Utah!"

Back