New Tele, my first Warmoth

Ace Flibble

My first Warmoth just arrived. Damn British import taxes spiked me hard but it was worth it. Ordered this just over a month ago and it's here, not bad considering they quoted me around 3 months wait time.

Ash body, Alpine White finish.
Maple neck with ebony fretboard, standard thin neck contour, 6130 fretwire, no fretboard inlays, clear satin finish
Everything else is pretty much standard Tele stuff, only I'm having all-black hardware, right down to the input jack. I'm not normally a fan of making everything black, seems a bit too try-hard metal to me, but I think it'll work well with the white finish. I'm a sucker for contrast.

Pickups will be a black Fender Vintage Noiseless in the bridge and a white Swineshead Dragonfly in the neck. The Dragonfly is without the usual Telecaster chrome cover on it, since it's already made with slightly more bass and mid and a little less treble than usual anyway.

Only problem is I've been sent left-handed tuners instead of right-handed ones, oh well, an easy enough return.Sorted already, they're sending the correct tuners out. Top service Warmoth!

Poor pictures but there you go.
IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

It'll be both my first Warmoth, and my first Telecaster.

Now wish me luck, I've never put a guitar together before... time to burn some fingers and drill some inappropriate holes ???

Nice! You can do it, don't worry. And yes, I am a sucker for contrast too on white guitar bodes. I like your choices.

Didn't catch the name until you mentioned it..
you mean there are people out there who actually know what Red Dwarf is?  :icon_biggrin:

I have many fond memories of watching Red Dwarf after coming home from school in the early/mid 90's :)

Very clean looking guitar too!

hannaugh said:
Sweet build, dude!

I have to ask though, Ace Flibble, are you a Red Dwarf fan?
kboman said:
I have many fond memories of watching Red Dwarf after coming home from school in the early/mid 90's :)

Very clean looking guitar too!
mayfly said:
Didn't catch the name until you mentioned it..
you mean there are people out there who actually know what Red Dwarf is?  :icon_biggrin:
Oh dear, did the name give it away? :laughing7:

Nice Tele! 

Just take your time.  If you start getting frustrated or feel like your forcing something, do yourself a huge favor and walk away for a little while.

No dot markings on the neck..............now that's really custom looking.

Post a picture when it's done.

I actually made a birthday card for my friend once with Rimmer and Mr. Flibbles on it.  We also made her cake look like Starbug 1.

Back