New Soloist Carved Top Body just arrived!

Rgand said:
It's more than worth it to have Warmoth put a finish on a body when you buy one. If you want to do some extra work on the body after you get it, then you have to do your own finish or send it to one of the specialty finish places or someone who does that.

Yeah, I just wanted to do it for the experience and because I enjoy tackling projects like this for some perverse reason... must be a congenital defect.  :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

wlburnettejr said:
Rgand said:
It's more than worth it to have Warmoth put a finish on a body when you buy one. If you want to do some extra work on the body after you get it, then you have to do your own finish or send it to one of the specialty finish places or someone who does that.

Yeah, I just wanted to do it for the experience and because I enjoy tackling projects like this for some perverse reason... must be a congenital defect.  :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
I can understand that! :laughing11:

Finally finished assembly and setup  :turtle:

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1562127787625.png
    PhotoGrid_1562127787625.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 240
  • PhotoGrid_1562127841348.png
    PhotoGrid_1562127841348.png
    2 MB · Views: 268
  • PhotoGrid_1562127880460.png
    PhotoGrid_1562127880460.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 245
  • PhotoGrid_1562127902303.png
    PhotoGrid_1562127902303.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 223
  • PhotoGrid_1562127929493.png
    PhotoGrid_1562127929493.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 228
Looks like excellent work, with a fine result! And allow me to add my +1 to the neck plate accolades, very cool....  :icon_thumright:

FernandoEsteves said:
Looking good! :)
Thanks.

BigSteve22 said:
Looks like excellent work, with a fine result! And allow me to add my +1 to the neck plate accolades, very cool....  :icon_thumright:
Thanks. The neck plate is a picture of me and my son. Building the guitar for his birthday which is on the 26th July. It is his name on the headstock.  :turtle:

BigSteve22 said:
That'll be a great birthday present, I sure hope that's an old picture on the neck plate!
Actually it was taken last year haha. So in the mean time Daddy's going to play his guitar till he can actually play it. Its a good excuse so the wife doesn't gets crazy with new guitar in the house haha

Hey, where did you get the engraved neck plate from? Which companies offer such a service?

MKA said:
Actually it was taken last year haha. So in the mean time Daddy's going to play his guitar till he can actually play it. Its a good excuse so the wife doesn't gets crazy with new guitar in the house haha
Very savvy reasoning! How could she complain about a birthday present for her beautiful son? Fathers around the world salute you!  :headbang:

DanTM said:
Hey, where did you get the engraved neck plate from? Which companies offer such a service?
For a photo etched plate, try LazrArt:
https://www.lazrartstore.com/Guitar_Plates.html

Back