New member here - my first Warmoth build

Devin

Hey dudes, cool forum y'all got here.

Here's my take on a Warmoth San Dimas (style 2):

Basswood body (stained with black leather dye then finished with Tru-Oil and gunstock wax)

Maple neck (finished in Tru-Oil and gunstock wax)

Ebony fretboard

Satin chrome Hipshot volume knob and locking tuners

Satin chrome Floyd Rose Special

Fishman Fluence Classic and Single-Width pickups (volume pulls up for voicing selection)

Wish I had better pics to share, but this thing plays and sounds amazing in my humble opinion  :)

Pretty nifty! How do you like the Fishman pickups? I've been looking at their stuff and they look amazing.

Simple Simon.  Nice axe.  What's wrong with black guitars and maple necks?  Nuthin', sez I.

Axkoa said:
Pretty nifty! How do you like the Fishman pickups? I've been looking at their stuff and they look amazing.

I'm REALLY enjoying them. I'm a bit of a pickup whore (lol) and these are among my favorites. They feel and respond differently than EMG's or Blackouts - closer to passives in that regard, but still different from those, too.

They are extremely versatile, and can roll from clean jazz to modern metal.

genxyde said:
Nice looking build.  was that the satin black?  it looks sweet!

Thanks man! Yes, I was able to achieve a satin finish using the black leather dye, tru oil and gunstock wax  :)

Street Avenger said:
'Has just the right number of knobs.  :rock-on:

Agreed  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

It's currently a push/pull Fluence voicing switch, but I'm about to replace it with a push/push. Ordered the potentiometer all the way from Germany and it finally came in yesterday. Only took about two months :p

Back