Need help with wiring!

YesSir1

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I'm putting together a Jaguar-style guitar and I want it to be very versatile in terms of tone. This guitar will have two Seymour Duncan humbuckers, one master volume and one master tone control and a 5-way switch. Both knobs will be push-pull knobs. I want the tone knob to have the ability to both split the pickups or have them full humbuckers when in position 3. I also want the volume knob to flip the phase on the neck pickup.

I want the switching to work like this:

1 - Bridge pickup (full humbucker)
2 - Bridge pickup (outer coil active)
3 - Both pickups (full humbuckers, outer coils active when tone push-pull knob is pulled up)
4 - Neck pickup (outer coil active)
5 - Neck pickup (full humbucker)

Now I suspect this will require the use of a 5-way superswitch, but I've never worked with one before. So if anyone could provide a pictured wiring diagram, that would be awesome!

Have you looked on the Seymour-Duncan website? It has a huge number of wiring diagrams for just about any combination you can think of.

Welcome to the site btw.

Yes, you'd require a super switch. As mentioned before, you can do a lot of research on the Seymour Duncan website and, even better, on guitarelectronics.com. I'd start there and if any questions remain you can come back here and post a picture of the wiring diagram to pinpoint us to the problem at hand.

rick2 said:
Or a freeway switch.

Freeway make some good switches which will of course give one of 10 predetermined possibilities to choose from but not the list of requirements given by the OP.

What he is wanting to do is entirely possible with the parts mentioned.  Here is a link to how a superswitch works for the OP.

https://www.stewmac.com/video-and-ideas/online-resources/learn-about-guitar-pickups-and-electronics-and-wiring/super-switch-installation-and-wiring/

Actually I recommend he peruse the the six position blade diagrams.

rick2 said:
Actually I recommend he peruse the the six position blade diagrams.

Well you have now, which is the 3B3-01 which would give potentially along with a push pull pot those combinations with a different geometry of operation that said.

Back