Neck binding not available with 24 fret extension?

Hooligan

Neck binding option is not available when I choose 24 fret extension in custom builder page. However it looks like that in soloist gallery many guitars have both 24 fret extension and neck binding (http://www.warmoth.com/pages/Gallery.aspx?type=SOLOIST_GUITAR). Is it something that used to be possible but is'nt anymore?

those may have been added or warmoth might do those by hand in custom orders only. :dontknow:

i'd call, the website might be missing that, it might not be there for a reason. but i know they offer many things not on the website.

I got answer from Warmoth: "No binding with the 24 fret extension" and also "No binding on KWS necks, with the radical headstock shape it doesn’t blend correctly".

This kinda sucks, becouse I'll have to choose between 24 frets and neck binding  :(

Local shop can do the binding for the 24 fret neck, but it'll cost more than 300 euros... (they'll have to remove the frets first etc)  :(

can you but a neck not fretted? but with the slots cut?
these are the kind of things that remind people that warmoth prices aren't bad. it sucks that they can't offer what you want. but imagine a custom builders price for the whole neck!

Yes, you can purchase a pre-slotted, non-fretted neck. They will even send your choice of fretwire with the neck.

But the non-fretted neck costs as much as fretted neck, right? The price don't change in neck builder when you choose frets or no frets.

So the local shop wont have to remove the frets for the binding, but I'll have to buy the frets from them.

I know that custom builders price for the whole neck would be really high. It's just annoying when you want build your dream guitar and one little thing is missing in options  :headbang:

It seems Warmouth expects everyone to want frets, so they build the price into the neck. The only time there's a charge involved is if you want premium frets, such as the stainless or "gold" parts.

Frets are almost free relative to the installation cost - there's a lot of labor in a fret job. Maybe if you called them, you could get some relief buying something unfretted. I know they won't change frets - I just recently asked that question. They had my dream neck, but it was already fretted with something I didn't want.

hey cagey i know this is un related but i noticed you got yer knob set to 10 again, what's up with that? turn it to elevan :headbang1:

I went back to the static .jpg graphic rather than the animated .gif, as it's a better size and so is clearer. I'd have to do some editing to make the knob point differently in the static file, or tear apart the .gif and grab the end frame. One of these days.

Back