24.75" 24 fret neck, not a 7/8

rauchman

Greetings,

Curious, is there an option for a 24.75" 24 fret neck that is not a 7/8's size?

Here is not a specific 7/8 neck.  It’s the Std 24.75 conversion neck is what is needed to 7/8 bodies.  It would be the same neck you used in a full size.

TBurst Std said:
Here is not a specific 7/8 neck.  It’s the Std 24.75 conversion neck is what is needed to 7/8 bodies.  It would be the same neck you used in a full size.

Thanks.  Not seeing a 24 fret option for the conversion neck though, only 22  :sad:

Just use so much gain that you can use your fingernail as the 23 and 24'th fret!  :headbang:

rauchman said:
TBurst Std said:

Thanks.  Not seeing a 24 fret option for the conversion neck though, only 22  :sad:

I think what he meant is that the 24 fret 24 3/4 and the 22 fret 24 3/4 conversion neck are effectively similar neck blanks.  See around 2:36 of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLLBquv-OD4

Interesting. You're asking for a 24 3/4" conversion neck with the 24 fret overhang? You're right, I don't see it on the builder, but I wonder why it's not an option.

The 24th fret would be 3/16" closer to the bridge than on a 25 1/2" neck - probably enough to foul the neck pickup even with the reposition option. If you called Warmoth and asked they might do it for an upcharge, but you'd have to pinky promise not to use a neck pickup.

Other than that, it's one of those niche within a niche type deals.

Back