natural masked pickguards

bpmorton777

Many people here have complained about W top routing a nice quilt-top strat...here is a posible solution....natural masked pickguards. I dont know if any guitar maker does these yet. Looks kind of cool. choose your own colors or burst or whatever...needs a pickguard shaped sticker to mask off the burst the peel away and clear coat. They must use this kind of sticker for the flames and pin stipes they do.

Brian

Attachments

• Nat pickguard copy.jpg
    Nat pickguard copy.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 540
clear would show the COLOR, and I think he wants the contrast of natural wood

clear plastic pickguards also show the saw dust from the screws and the ugly wiring, pots, switch and cavity.

you could also do a masked pinstripe around the edge where a pickguard would be.

Brian

Attachments

• example2.jpg
    example2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 518
I see, I think.  :doh:  The idea is to keep the pickguard look on a rear route strat?  Cool  :icon_biggrin:

Clear pickguards are cool on solid colors as they add a sort of industrial look to the guitar, but on a fancy topped guitar, I think that having the guts on display would draw the eye away from the natural beauty of the wood.

be a real pain in the butt to do ...but a contrasting outline, and clear pickguard over the masked area....

they'd look at say... how they do that?

-CB- said:
be a real pain in the butt to do ...but a contrasting outline, and clear pickguard over the masked area....

they'd look at say... how they do that?

Sounds like a plan mate!  You first!! :icon_jokercolor:

You know a clear pickguard on a Mary Kaye tele would look awesome. No problems with routing showing through either, assuming you're not doing another thinline?

actually... when it happens, the mary kay will be with white guard, a recreation of my 72.

Let's not forget Stevie Ray Vaughn, who put a lefty tremolo into that sunburst strat of his ("Main was it?)

Not quite Steve Miller, but he obviously thought Hendrix was on to something (ah, those ever creative lefties!)

I am intrigued by your idea, but its too cheesy for me.
It sort of reminds me of those Tuxedo T-Shirts.

Back